Anyone else apply to NAU/GCC concurrent program this week? - Page 5Register Today!
- Apr 20, '12 by jhunoldThe schedule for GCC CEP is as follows:
Lecture: Mon/Wed 8:00 to 10:30 am
Lab (on campus): Mon/Wed noon to 3:30
Lab (pre-clinical?): Thu 7:00 am to 1:15 pm (first 3 weeks of course only)
Clinical: Thu 6:30 am to 2:00 pm (starting week 4)
We had a choice of 3 clinical sites; the other two for GCC CEP were on Friday instead of Thursday. I picked the site closest to my home.
- Apr 27, '12 by ddmadNAU/SCC CEP student here...Have everything done except for my immunizations (4/30)...Anxious to get started...Enrolled in the 6/4 Nur 330 class...Glad I found this thread...Any other SCC CEP students here?
- Apr 28, '12 by dorcasguestHello. I am a NAU/SCC CEP student and enrolled for the 6/4 class. I just wish we could get our schedules ASAP? Have you heard any information because I have asked several times. My first choice was GWCC but I ended up with SCC. The one good thing I heard is because our clinicals will most likely be with Scottsdale Healthcare so that is a convenient thing. I hope that "rumor" is true. Nervous, anxious, and excited all at once!
- Apr 28, '12 by dorcasguestWell at least GCC has given your times. SCC has no times available yet. ARGH! So did they tell you where your clinicals were? Do you have the information about uniforms and supplies and etc???
- Apr 28, '12 by ddmadHey dorcas...I'm assuming we're going to find out in late May during our registration sessions...At lease I hope so...I signed up for the 5/23 registration session...And I'm with you about nervous, anxious and excited...
- Apr 28, '12 by ddmadAnyone else buying the books for the NUR 330 class this summer I got both the textbooks on half.com for about $75...Seems like a lot for two little paperbacks...
- May 1, '12 by jhunold@dorcas: yes we were given 3 clinical sites to choose from (limit 10 students per site), at registration. Registration for GCC Fall semester opened on April 16. The 3 choices were Glencroft, Banner Good Sam rehab, and VA Center rehab. It was first come first serve in terms of getting your first choice clinical site. We were able to register by calling the enrollment center.
There was brief mention of uniforms and supplies in the email packet, with promises that we would be provided with more information at the July Orientation session, and I believe we will have opportunities to order most of these supplies at Orientation (but of course that means you won't have a choice of vendors if you wait until then). It also says we can order uniforms at the GCC bookstore. I know we need white shoes, and a stethoscope, and there's mention of a "nursing supply tote bag" that is required. We were given an expected program cost table and that d@#&^ tote bag is priced at $130!!! As for uniforms, I believe all of MCCCD uses the same uniform, and the supplier is Apparel Pro. You can check out this page for info:
MCCD Homepage - Apparel Pro Health Care Wear
- May 2, '12 by ddmadThat my be one heck of a tote bag! Does it do our homework for us when we put books in the bag? Typical university pricing...
- May 2, '12 by jhunoldI think it includes supplies for lab, but I have not been able to find any addtional information, such as the vendor, and exactly what is in the bag. I like to know what is required and then price shop, but I fear this is one of those high-mark-up, "custom" items that is available at a single supplier. I guess I have to wait for Orientation to find out. Perhaps only GCC requires the tote bag?
- May 2, '12 by ddmadOur orientation at SCC is on 5/23 so I'll let you know...