where did you take your cpr class?Register Today!
- by thekid Nov 4, '09suggestions/recommendations of where to sign up and get in asap?
- Nov 7, '09 by 2bnursewithnopurseheart savers,inc.
480 998 5193 or 18009939224 AED training also available
- Nov 7, '09 by caliotter3Check out your local American Red Cross. When in a pinch, I always found a course there, soon, with an opening.
- Nov 7, '09 by shannahanHeartsavers - had lots of locations and dates, including weekends.
- Nov 16, '09 by charethe aha offers their bls for health care provider course in both the traditional and blended format. aha elearning bls is offered in two formats: heartcode bls part 1 ($28.50) and bls for healthcare providers part 1 ($17.50). successful completion of either course results in receipt of an aha bls for health care providers course, the difference is in how the online portion is presented. upon completion of part 1, the participant must schedule with an approved aha instructor to complete parts 2 and 3, skills review and evaluation. you can then use the aha ecc course connector to locate an approved training center and schedule a skills review/evaluation. the aha ecc course connector can also be used to locate a traditional program as well, if that is preferred.
the arc also offers their cpr professional rescuer & aed for healthcare providers in both the traditional and blended format.the cpr professional rescuer & aed for healthcare providers ($65.00) course is available. according to the website you have 14 days to complete the online portion. i could not find specific information regarding how long you have to complete the skills review/evaluation. you can then use the arc online training skills map to locate an approved training center and schedule a skills review/evaluation, and there may or may not be an additional fee for the skills evaluation. the arc online training skills map can also be used to locate a traditional program as well, if that is preferred. the aha and arc recently renewed their statement of understanding. in this revised statement of understanding, the “aha and arc agree to recognize the other’s student level cpr, aed and first aid training programs as equivalent in content, as shown in the following table of courses.” the entire statement of understanding between the aha and the arc is available for download.
the ashi cpr pro for the professional rescuer is currently available as a traditional program, although their online courses states that the page is currently under construction. the cpr pro for the professional rescuer states that this program “[color=#333333]may be used to meet the joint commission on accreditation of healthcare organization’s (jcaho) resuscitation standard.”
procpr offers a blended online/hands-on cpr certification option ($29.95). i was unable to find any information regarding time limits. upon completion of the online portion, you can then contact a procpr skills evaluator for your skills review/evaluation, and there may or may not be an additional fee for the skills evaluation. the following was taken from the procpr statement of accreditation and compliance “procpr is an accredited program that satisfies the requirements for cpr training according to the latest ecc/ilcor and the american heart association guidelines.”
the american aed/cpr association's onsite cpr/aed training classes site states they do have a blended course. their website contains the following statement: “our cards are widely accepted since the american aed/cpr association follows the same guidelines (ecc 2005) as mandated by most states for cpr and aed card requirements.” although i was unable to find information regarding location of their training centers, the site states they will bring the class to your location.
i hope this information is helpful.
- Dec 11, '09 by jhooperi got my cpr certification online.
included topics :
- recognizing emergencies
- deciding to act
- key important factors
- responding to an unconscious adult
- responding to an unconscious child
- responding to an unconscious infant
- automated external defibrillator (aed)
- recovery position
cost was only 20$ and you get full access to the course materials for 60 days - even after you've completed your certification.