Traveler ISO short term housing near Banner Desert for Jan-Apr 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Traveler ISO short term housing near Banner Desert for Jan-Apr 2013 in Arizona Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... First time traveling with spouse and am searching for short term furnished housing near Banner...by Liketravln Oct 22, '12First time traveling with spouse and am searching for short term furnished housing near Banner Desert/Cardon Children's. I will be working at Cardon and understand that due to traffic and just the whole size of the Phoenix area, that I should stay somewhere close to the hospital.
If anyone can help with housing ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=793645©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,180 Views
- Oct 26, '12 by AZMOMO2Mesa & Gilbert areas are closest to that location... not so sure about the short term options... but since that does seem to be the snowbird season, I know the extended stay suites in the area usually have options for you.
- Oct 27, '12 by fromtheseaRNtempe is directly west of that hospital. there are lots of furnished rentals available in tempe, check craigslist. good luck!
- Oct 27, '12 by wildcatchristieYou might want to stay away from Tempe, it is a college town which means you might have a bunch of neighbors that like to party. Areas closest to Cardons directly north of the 60, East of Dobson to Stapley/Gilbert, South of Red Mountain 202 have a tendency to be lower income. I say go to south Tempe where you are farther from the older homes.
- Oct 28, '12 by azhiker96I live in Gilbert and have worked at Banner Desert and also Cardon's. The commute for me was about 30 minutes door to door. I like Gilbert but there are also nice areas in Chandler, Tempe, and Mesa. The area near the hospital has a lot of older neighborhoods and some might not be fun. Cardon's is a beautiful facility. Good luck and enjoy some of Arizona while you are here.
- Oct 28, '12 by LiketravlnThanks everyone! It's too hard to decide on a place without seeing it. I think I may have to find something after I get there. Thanks for all the advice!
- Jan 25 by ADN2003Liketravln did you find housing? please update us with what you found, I too am considering taking an assignment in Mesa and I am weighing my options and housing is one of them. Thanks
- Jan 25 by LiketravlnADN2003,
There were lots of choices for short term housing here in Mesa. I found a one bedroom @1.5 miles from Banner Desert/Cardon Children's. It's called Stonegate Apartments. It's on S. Alma School Road. Their one bedroom starts at $777/month for the 2nd floor. It's $50 more a month for the 1st floor. I got mine furnished and for 4 months. They are very easy to deal with. The apartments are pretty nice. Our view from the apartment is the pool and gym. It's quiet too. There are many choices around the area, some furnished, some not. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
It's been nice out here since the weather has finally warmed up! Good luck!