Is it time to leave Arizona?Register Today!
- by dh07RN Mar 12, '11I have a decision to make shortly...do I leave Arizona for Colorado? I love the hospital I work for here, but that's the only thing keeping me in Arizona any longer. I've found a job in Colorado, so I guess it's time to say goodbye and part my ways with Arizona. Arizona used to be a great state to live in, and now it has deteriorated so much.
- Mar 12, '11 by island40I miss it so much - stuck here in Iowa I would really love to come back.
- Mar 12, '11 by MassagetoRNDhamm,
I too am wondering the same thing! I am a new grad and haven't found a position in over 8 months. I am an AZ native with ALL my family here. I'm awaiting the birth of my 2nd baby this month and applying to new grad programs all over the country. The economy here, way hospitals are run, way nurses are treated, and upcoming legislature change that may colapse our healthcare system really has me thinking that leaving is the way to go! I think God is shutting doors in order to get me to move.....
- Mar 13, '11 by dh07RNAs a last attempt, you should try looking here in Tucson. We still hire new grads here. Problem is with hospitals in the big cities is that there are only 2 times a year that new grads are hired...summer and winter, because they have to take a new grad class.
- Mar 13, '11 by dh07RNOr do your BSN in the mean time.
- Mar 13, '11 by MassagetoRNThanks for the advice. I'm actually finishing my BSN in June.
- Mar 13, '11 by MassagetoRNYes I graduated as a Banner Fellow.
- Mar 15, '11 by MisterSimbaQuote from dhammo01Where in Tucson? I'd move out there in a heartbeat for a new grad job. I'm in CA...As a last attempt, you should try looking here in Tucson. We still hire new grads here. Problem is with hospitals in the big cities is that there are only 2 times a year that new grads are hired...summer and winter, because they have to take a new grad class.
I'm planning on applying to University Medical Center when their new grad application opens, but I don't know what other hospitals in Tucson to look into.