Pima Medical InstituteRegister Today!
- by AZMOMO2 Mar 31, '08Anyone have any experience with this school. They called me today about going to an information session. Not sure I want to go spend two hours somewhere for nothing. Like somewhere with a huge waiting list and tuition??
- Apr 1, '08 by cardiacRN2006I think that they are $$$Expensive!
- Apr 1, '08 by cardiacRN2006http://www.ade.az.gov/arizonaheat/Co...ning%20Program
Required Medical Exams$0.00
Required FeeOther ExpensesRegistration Fee$150.00 $0.00Lab Fee$0.00 Total Tuition and Required Fees$37,650.00
Total Program Expenses$2,150.00
Total Program Cost $39,800.00
- Apr 1, '08 by AZMOMO2Thanks for the info. That is something to consider. What a difference in costs wonder if there is a big wait too?
- Apr 1, '08 by Knit1Purl2Quote from cardiacrn2006thanks for the site. there are quite a few private nursing schools listed on there. i like the fact they have a composed schools with the bottom line, cost to attend. i was shocked to see apollo at 43k. i saw one of their students in fresh and easy, i was tempted to ask about their experience.http://www.ade.az.gov/arizonaheat/co...ning%20program
required medical exams$0.00
required feeother expensesregistration fee$150.00 $0.00lab fee$0.00 total tuition and required fees$37,650.00
total program expenses$2,150.00
total program cost $39,800.00
again thanks for the site, sometimes all you need is some quick information and not the tenth degree just for some figures.
- Apr 11, '08 by josie88yeah I called to ask for some info and they were acting like some timeshare place, telling me I had to come in to a info session every thursday at 3. EVERY SINGLE QUESTION I ASKED SHE JUST KEPT REFERRING TO THIS MEETING!!!
I was more than slightly annoyed, being as that as of right now I dont have a car to make it out there and even if I did I work until 430, so basically I would have to take unpaied time off work, and a bus from downtown just to find out anything about that school.... What kind of school refuses to divulge any info to prospectives students..
makes me wonder,,,,
at least now I know how much of a rip this school cost. It wouldnt even be worth it if there is a wait for it as well (which I dont know if there is or not)
Community colleges cost less that 10K and there is a wait for them too..sooo whats the difference if thats the case...?
- Apr 11, '08 by Knit1Purl2Quote from josie88i agree. the private schools are walking a fine line with having waitlists. if you are looking at close to the same time of waiting, same duration of programs, but a difference of $20k-35k in money spent for a program? i think we know where most of us will be. i too am frustrated with the lack of information you can get on the phone from "all" the nursing schools. that's what is so wonderful about this site, we can share information that we receive through experience and it helps the person coming up next.yeah i called to ask for some info and they were acting like some timeshare place, telling me i had to come in to a info session every thursday at 3. every single question i asked she just kept referring to this meeting!!!
i was more than slightly annoyed, being as that as of right now i dont have a car to make it out there and even if i did i work until 430, so basically i would have to take unpaied time off work, and a bus from downtown just to find out anything about that school.... what kind of school refuses to divulge any info to prospectives students..
makes me wonder,,,,
at least now i know how much of a rip this school cost. it wouldnt even be worth it if there is a wait for it as well (which i dont know if there is or not)
community colleges cost less that 10k and there is a wait for them too..sooo whats the difference if thats the case...?
- Apr 11, '08 by sassiebazMost of these tech schools are this way. Even schools like Bryman, will not give out financial info over the phone. It's just what is asked of them by their schools policy. I know it's frustrating, it was for me in the beginning, but I went to the info sessions and just did what they asked. Not that it was easy to get someone to watch my little one, and yes it was incovenient....but that's just how it is with some schools. With that being said, I spoke with several nurses that came in for make-overs last weekend. I talked to one specifically about the private school route and told her the cost. She encouraged me to go that route and by-pass the waitlists. Since I do NOT have many pre-req's done, she thought $40K was actually "Not Bad" was what she said. She happens to be a nurse manager with Banner and said she has staff twiddling their thumbs on the waitlists. She said if you can get in and out in 2 years....got for it! Of course, If I had more pre-req's done I wouldnt even consider the private route. But I don't so I think that is the way I will go.....We all have different circumstances and will each choose the route that best works with our lives. Like KnitPurl said......that's what is great about this board...we can share info and give support to whoever needs it....or wants it.