NET scoresRegister Today!
- by sassiebaz Jul 21, '09Am I doomed? I took the NET but only got a 57 in math. Is that going to hamper the chances of me getting into a program? I hope to retake it, but this crazy algebra is just impossible for me!
- Jul 21, '09 by inprogress09They told us that to pass the NET you need .65 on the math and .60 on the reading at minimum.
- Jul 21, '09 by sassiebazWho is "they"? I was told by the community college that I passed. Passing is 50% on math and 60% on reading. maybe someone was mistaken when they told me that?
- Jul 21, '09 by TinkRN8According the nursing website minimum admission requirement is 50% on Math 60% on reading.
- Jul 21, '09 by sassiebazLet me clarify why I posted the question. I was hoping to apply to Maricopa Skill Center. However, they take the "highest" NET scores out of the pool of applicants. That pretty much puts me at the bottom! I haven't heard of other schools doing the same, but if they do I sure would like to know.
- Jul 21, '09 by azgirl84The maricopa skills center does take the top 40 net scores. My friend is currently attending there and confirmed that with the director there. You never know though, alot of people aren't good at math. what were the reading scores, if those were high I am sure they will look at that too. Turn it in, you might have a shot. My friend also told me he asked and the deadline to turn the app in is July 31. There wont be enough time for you to retake it, I would go for it!
- Jul 22, '09 by sassiebazMy reading was a 76%
- Jul 22, '09 by rn.bound.in.azi just took my n.e.t. this morning and got an 80 on math and a 73 on reading is this competitive or should i take it again? help please, ive really got nothing to gauge these scores on. ???
- Jul 22, '09 by sassiebazQuote from rn.bound.in.azi just took my n.e.t. this morning and got an 80 on math and a 73 on reading is this competitive or should i take it again? help please, ive really got nothing to gauge these scores on. ???
Well my scores obviously give you something to go on. a 57 is NOT very good. Yes, it's passing but not a high score. So that should tell you something! 80 is a great score in my opinion. Maybe YOU can help ME study and retake it...LOL
- Jul 23, '09 by JavamoboI suggest that anyone taking the NET test take the practice tests that are available online. I even bought the book and did the math section several times. I ended up with a 93 in math, 79 in reading comprehension, 86 in written expression and 341 reading words per minute. I KNOW that if I had not practiced for the test my scores would not be that high. The math portion especially.....you just have to know how to compute the darn things without thinking about it....so practice over and over.