NAU Traditional BSN Spring 2011 - Page 9Register Today!
- Nov 9, '10 by ChrissyLove123Ideas about the "health" stuff that needs to be completed:
TB & Immunizations at your local community college (CC) or the Health Department (TB is only $5 at my CC)
"Urgent Care" clinics for physicals
Walgreens (depending on where you live) does immunizations AND physicals (look @ their website for more info)
Police dept. at your CC for fingerprints (mine did mine for free)
I'm trying to get more info. I'm a POOR NURSING STUDENT so anything else anyone can add is much appreciatee!!!
- Nov 9, '10 by prenursingnauQuote from ChrissyLove123I'm Blaire. I'm actually going to school at the NAU Flagstaff campus right now. I have 2 friends who did not get in I have never been to Yuma...or even south of phoenix because I grew up in Seattle. I'm looking foward to moving though. I hear it's very sunny.CONGRATS PRENURSINGNAU!!!
I'm CHRISSY! I'm in Yuma, too!! Looks like we'll be in class together!!! Do you know anyone else to applied & got in (or didn't get in.) I have 2 friends who applied. 1 did not get in b/c of HESI score on sciences (had 74% ) The other one hasn't gotten her letter, yet...
Are you from Yuma? @ AWC?
- Nov 9, '10 by ChrissyLove123Yeah, VERRRRRY SUNNY. We have summer & winter. Maybe a week or two of fall. LOL
- Nov 15, '10 by Cliff527I have found and started getting most of my vaccines, the only one I am having problems with is the varicella which Walgreens wants 160 dollars per shot and it takes two.
- Nov 15, '10 by SteveNAUif you've had chicken pox cant they just take a titer for varicella to see that your already immune?
- Nov 15, '10 by Cliff527My insurance will not cover a titer test so I was doing some research to see if I could get the shots for cheaper then a titer test. I don't know if my insurance is covering any of this, I hope it is I guess I will find out.
- Nov 15, '10 by ork2My Dr. said that a blood test should prove varicella immunity. I am going to Fronske for my check up on Wednesday and they should be able to verify that you've been vaccinated.
- Nov 15, '10 by ChrissyLove123The titer's are like 3x as expensive as the immunizations themselves!!! Not too excited about that!
Found a clinic that will do the Physical for $20 - Rapid drug test for $10 - MMR titer for $75. They give a student discount.
- Nov 16, '10 by sashaaaI called today and I get to save $65 on the fingerprint clearance card I already had one done when I was a caregiver/CNA so she said she'll accept that. That's one less cost for me..
- Nov 19, '10 by ChrissyLove123now there's a fb group!
Last edit by dianah on Nov 22, '10 : Reason: Terms of Service re: social networking site links