NAU Traditional BSN Spring 2011 - page 3
by ChrissyLove123 | 17,340 Views | 132 Comments
I sent my application in on Sept 2nd. :) I am applying for Yuma, AZ. I still have to take my HESI. :uhoh3: Just wondering if there's anyone else out there! :D... Read More
- 0Oct 3, '10 by mpg76I went to Pima Community College (West) yesterday to take the HESI and I guess NAU (Tucson) sent them the wrong access code so I couldn't take my test. I was there for 2 hours while phone calls were being made to tech people but since it was a Saturday no one was available from NAU. They did get a hold of one tech guy who said it was no longer an active code. So, I am going to take the HESI on October 5th (the last day possible). Ughhh frustrating.................
- 0Oct 3, '10 by SteveNAUim sorry mpg76 :/ that sounds really frustrating. maybe you can use the extra time you have to study a bit more and get a little more prepared? i was surprised to see on my test some hormones that were not covered in the study book. thankfully ive already taken a/pII, but i know some people havent yet and wouldnt be exposed to some hormones. for the test you should know:
insulin, glucagon, parathyroid hormone, calcitonin, oxytocin, antidiuretic hormone and the tropic hormones of the anterior pituitary. those are some of the most important ones to know for the test. if you have any questions let me know and ill try to help the best i can. i know were all competing for seats here but it shouldnt stop us from helping each other. good luck!! and take your time on the test, im a very slow test taker and i finished with 2 hours left
- 0Oct 3, '10 by ChrissyLove123Be careful how much detail you give Steve. Allnurses edited my post because it was "too much specific information" from the HESI.
I always think everything happens for a reason so I would think this means you have more time to study. I know that doesn't make it "feel" any betterfor you, mpg76. :0/
I thought Oct 1st was the deadline for everything to be done ???
- 0Oct 4, '10 by mpg76Thanks Steve and Chrissylove123 I really appreciate all the advice The application was due on October 1st but they opened up 2 more HESI dates which was October 2nd and October 5th. This will still be good for the Spring 2011 deadline. I'll let you know how I did....I did ask the advisor here in Tucson how many people applied and she said around 100-120 applicants.
- 0Oct 7, '10 by ChrissyLove123Well, I got the accpetance letter today to AWC's (my community college's) Nursing Program. I would like to have the one from NAU just so I KNOW already!!! I hate waiting so very much!
How did you do on the HESI mpg??? Was it easier/harder/the same as you expected it would be????
- 0Oct 7, '10 by mpg76I didn't do too well. I am soooo disappointed I studied really hard and did well in everything except Bio and A&P. I used the study guide that NAU suggested and knew it cover to cover. How did everyone else do so well???? It does say the average class HESI score was a 78%....I'm all done with pre-reqs, I have a 3.65 gpa and can't do well on this exam. But, I'm not giving up. We'll see what happens!!!! Chrissy...I would hold out until you hear from NAU.
- 0Oct 8, '10 by ChrissyLove123everyone I have talked to (including me) did worse on A&P & Bio than anything else. I don't think that HESI A2 Study Guide edition 2 or whtever it's called was helpful for anything but vocab & math! It was NOTHING like the test for me!! I studied A&P and Chm from my notes/books. I am also in micro and we have been going over cell structure so I think that hepled because it was all fresh in my head. :0) I wish I knew how many ppl applied for Yuma. My friend applied, too.
I hate the wait for me or anyone :0)
- 1Oct 8, '10 by SteveNAUmpg76: sorry you didnt get the grade you wanted :/ but but definitely dont give up. you still have a chance of getting in this semester. you have a good gpa and you have all classes complete which gives you more points also
chrissy: i really think you are going to get in, there is no reason why you wouldnt. you have a great gpa and great hesi score. and only 2 classes in progress. also, i have heard several times that all the schools have a very high number of alternates that get in, its crazy. i think it was 11 alternates that were accepted into NAU last semester and im sure it would be close in yuma because most people who apply to yuma would have to relocate and sometimes it just dosent work out, so then an alternate takes their place. i seriously doubt you will even have to be an alternate though. but yeah not worrying is easier said than done ha ill be freaking out until november for sure. i have read a lot of posts from previous applicants on this site and a lot of people with a lot less points than us made it in, so try not to worry too much
Also, this may not be 100% true all the time but its what an adviser said: and i hope this dosent come off wrong, but usually yuma has the fewest applicants because people dont want to have to relocate, so generally they have slightly less competition than UA and NAU, and UA and NAU are normally about the same as far as averages go but recently UA has had a little less competition than NAU. last semester UA's average required points for acceptance was .5 lower than NAU. i know it sounds arrogant saying NAU is most competitive when im applying there, but these numbers have nothing to do with relative gpa averages or anything, all it is is the fact that the more people that apply, the more people in each category: accepted vs not accepted, meaning more competition for more applicants. yep i realize it still sounds arrogant but oh well, its just what i heard. so in short: dont worry, your going to be fine! and good luck
- 0Oct 10, '10 by ChrissyLove123Oh I don't think you sound arrogant! We have way less applicants in a place no one wants to live! LOL I was told that Yuma is way less competitive by an NAU nursing advisor. I talked to him before I took the HESI & he said I would have to do well on the HESI to be competitive, but then he realized I was applying for Yuma & said I would basically just have to pass it to be competitive here... I'm not being arrogant either - just relaying info.
I do feel confident that I will get in, but without it in writing - in my hand - I get a little neurotic! haha I just have to e-mail the assoc program I applied for & decline. Seems scary to say, "No," to a sure thing, but I want/need NAU. I guess the person here w/the "alternative" letter will be very excited. Just freaks me out to close that door.....
BOO @ the week before Thxgiving!!
I will post as soon as I hear anything and I hope you (all) will, too!!! :0)