NAU Traditional BSN Spring 2011 - Page 10Register Today!
- Dec 1, '10 by Cliff527Ahhh I feel a little less pressure now as I just mailed in all my required documents today. I feel I can enjoy the holiday break before beginning school in January!
- Dec 13, '10 by Southern MagnoliaHi all,
I had been preparing to apply to U of A's 2nd degree BSN program but it has changed to a grad program with more $ and no more benefit. Anyway, I just learned of NAU's Tucson BSN program. I'm wondering if all of you that have gotten into the program have healthcare experience? Has anyone gotten into the program on volunteer experience only? We just moved to Tucson from Iowa and I have an Iowa CNA certificate but can't transfer it to AZ (long story). So, I'm starting to look at the hospital PCT positions but looks like they mostly want experienced people. I did not work as a CNA in Iowa - just finished certification when my husband was transferred.
Also, what did you do to prepare for the HESI?
- Dec 13, '10 by Cliff527Good Luck NomadMomma
I was accepted into the program with only volunteering experience. I have been volunteering at a local Hospice since February otherwise I had no work experience in the healthcare field.
- Dec 14, '10 by Southern MagnoliaCliff527,
Thanks for the reply. I just got finished looking over the packet again and it looks like I have a 3.97 in prerecs (if they are only looking at the preprofessional requiremenst for gpa) so I hope that makes things easier.
- Dec 14, '10 by krenrs2bChrissylove123 What is the HESI exam for?
- Dec 17, '10 by ChrissyLove123@Nomad: I got my CNA certification but have not worked as a CNA. The NAU advisor told me my clinical experience from that was sufficient. I had a friend who did the training but had not gotten her certification, yet.
@krensrs2b: The HESI exam is to determine what knowledge you have of the basics from Bio, A&P, Chem, Eng, Math, etc. The HESI score is VERY important for getting into the program. I do not know the lowest score accepted (maybe someone else may know) but I haven't seen much lower than 87 being accepted...
- Dec 18, '10 by Southern MagnoliaThanks Chrissylove. That makes me feel better. I actually spoke to an advisor that told me the same thing earlier this week. I'm just never sure I get the straight answer out of the advisors. Too many programs use "recruiters" rather than advisors but I'm pretty sure I spoke to an actual advisor. Now I have to gear up for the HESI. Got the recommended study guide but I see I'll need another b/c the sciences are weak. Now I wish I had downloaded all my A&P lectures.
- Dec 18, '10 by ChrissyLove123Well search allnurses for HESI study tips. Vocab in the HESI Study Guide 2nd Ed. is a grrreat thing to study & fractions, conversions, osmosis/diffusion, and esp. the nervous system. :0) Don't want to say too much - I've been edited before for giving too much study info...
- Dec 18, '10 by Southern MagnoliaThanks so much. You just got into the Tucson NAU BSN program right? I'll be interested to hear how you like it . . . I am so excited that I can FINALLY apply to a program but I'm so nervous all at the same time. I have so much to do between now and March 15th!
Enjoy your break. I'm sure it'll be your last bit of rest for a while
- Dec 28, '10 by ChrissyLove123I am actually in Yuma, AZ. I am happy that I have 3 more weeks off, but want them to hurry up and go by.