NAU Spring 2012 Hopefuls - page 13
by lilyblooming 31,707 Views | 130 Comments
Hi everyone, I'm Lily. I am applying to NAU's 2012 program and was hoping for any advice with the HESI A2 (what books to study since I've heard many bad reviews about the review) I know it's some time away but I am shooting to... Read More
- 0Jan 23, '13 by bgg1do you guys know if one can apply to NAU even if they don't plan to enroll just yet? i guess you have to be enrolled to take the Kaplan right? i am at Arizona Western College and plan to apply for the nursing program in NAU Yuma. Can anyone tell me which book i can use to study for the Kaplan? any advice? help :c
- 0Jan 23, '13 by Guinevere39bgg1, the NAU program is a competative entry every semester, so as far as I know, you need to plan to attend the semester you apply for or you forfeit your spot. Application in April is for the Fall start, and in October for the Spring start. There is a Kaplan study guide, but I didn't use it. The test is reading, writing (answering multiple choice writing questions, not actual writing), math (which was basic algebra and proportions), and science (which was a lot of physiology). You take the Kaplan before you apply, and your score is part of your application materials. Good luck!!
- 0Feb 1, '13 by Guinevere39bgg, I was scrambling to get my application in - I decided to apply and everything was due only a week later, so I had little time to prep for the Kaplan. I mainly studied from an anatomy and physiology made easy book, and a college algebra book. The latter was a mistake - I had been told that there was college algebra on the math portion, but this was not the case. The math was basic algebra and proportions for the most part. The science section was a lot of physiology. I though the science section was tough, but it had been several years since I had taken A&P. I though the math, reading and writing were easy. The reading and writing were about reading comprehension and identifying grammatical errors.
- 0Feb 4, '13 by bgg1i have A&P 2 right now, i hope that helps me during the test, i have herd many bad reviews about the Kaplan study guide so i am really not too sure about what to study. i have a HESI A2 study guide with me, maybe i could study that and my A&P notes. How is the nursing program at NAU?
- 0Feb 6, '13 by Guinevere39I LOVE the program. I've been very, very happy with it (especially reading some of the nursing school horror stories on here). My cohort is amazing and we're all really supportive of each other. I'm only in my second semester, but so far my experience has been great. Having your A&P so current will probably be a big help.
- 0Mar 8, '13 by twss2323It's been a while since anyone has been on here, but I'll try anyways... Did anyone get accepted with a lower GPA? After reading all these threads, I'm actually getting pretty discouraged. I came from a small rural high school with a terrible science department, so coming into college, I had NO science background and I struggled. Anyways, I have a 3.457 pre-requisite GPA and an 82% (70% in science) on the Kaplan.. But I'm kind of discouraged now reading these other scores and GPAs :/