NAU Fall 2013 Hopefuls - page 5
Hey all, I just applied to NAU for the Fall semester. I figured I'd start this topic in hopes of meeting others who have applied and we can keep each other company while we wait for letters. Please join in on the... Read More
- 1That wasn't funny at all. I know you we're in our position a couple years ago, I recognize your name from other threads. I don't think you would have appreciated someone doing the same thing to you while you were eagerly waiting. We welcome any current students on here, we'd love to hear your advice, experiences, etc. anything helpful, we all appreciate. However, that was immature and not helpful, so please don't do that kind of stuff.
- 1Apr 29, '13 by beegeThe yuma campus last application period had 20 qualified applicants. They take 10 per semester. And 10 on the wait list. No one from the wait list was accepted. From my original cohort two failed and one transfered to Flag. We received our acceptance letters early april. Use practice questions with rationals to study. Do thousands. Online posts are a big headache especially later in the semester. Take patho before you enter the program and take everything sooner rather than later. Your with the same small group for 2.5 years. Personalities come out of the wood work and ripen as the program moves along. All of the staff are great. Clinical is great. Saunders NCLEX review is great. Test success books are great. When you apply make sure to select a secondary choice. I.E. Tucson and Yuma. All three sites are becoming much more competitive. Good luck to everyone and relax while you can before nursing school. Once you start there isn't much time to breath.
- 1Apr 30, '13 by twss2323Literally.... This is KILLING me. Seriously. To the point I'm losing sleep over it. I don't think I got in, but there are a lot of "what ifs" in my life right now and knowing whether or not I got in can answer a lot of them for me. Its like I'm sitting here with my wheels turning and no where to go and its frustrating. The fact that it is taking so long makes me think they had A LOT of applications to go through, which makes it more competitive than it already was :/
Soah, just curious.... Where did you get "word" that letters went out Friday? I'm assuming its from calling, but I'm just curious. Also, for those of you already in, do you know where they sent the letter? I noticed the application has a "current address" and a "permanent address". The permanent address is my parents house, and current is my own, so now I'm obsessively checking the mail, along with obsessively asking my family to as well haha. It would help to know which one to check.
- 0I was told that the NAU Yuma clinical (director/employee??) would get his list of those accepted to
the Yuma campus after they sent out the letters. My mom (who works at the same hospital he does)
was told by him directly that he got the list and they sent out the letters on friday.
- 0Apr 30, '13 by twss2323Dang, I figured you'd call and they told you... I didn't know you had all this inside info haha. I'd say that's a fairly reliable source. I don't see why he'd make something like that up, or would be misinformed. Too bad he can look at his list and be like "Soah (insert actual name ere lol), if I were you I'd stop stressing" or something along the lines of giving you a clue if its there or not haha. Ugh, I'd do just about anything to know.