NAU CEP at Paradise Valley CC?
- 0Jun 22, '12 by Nurse RobI am a fellow pre-nursing student. I came across this article and it mentions that the popular CEP will be introduced at PVCC. http://www4.nau.edu/insidenau/bumps/2012/5_28_12/nursing.html
I also found that on the new CEP spring 2013 application, PVCC is an option for the program as well. I cannot seem to find any more information on the PVCC part of this.
I have emailed my adviser at PVCC but have not gotten anything back.
Does anyone have any other information on PVCC getting the NAU CEP?
- 0Jun 22, '12 by CinDRnychi have you looked at the maricopa nursing website?? concurrent enrollment program
on that site is everything you need to know about how to get admitted and apply for the program at any maricopa community college including pvcc. i was just accepted for the mcc/nau spring 2013 program and take my 1st set of nau classes in the fall.
best of luck to you !
p.s. i read that article and it says "they all get jobs" ummm that isn't entirely accurate b/c there haven't been any graduates of the cep program yet. i think i was told that the 1st group "guinea pigs" have 2 semesters left. the market for nurses right now is not very good and it is hard to find a job but hopefully when we graduate it will be better.Last edit by CinDRnyc on Jun 22, '12 : Reason: added info
- 0Jun 23, '12 by CinDRnycQuote from nurse robyou won't see specific details like a schedule or anything but if you look at the nau application, pvcc is a choice to rank so yes it is an option. i know someone that is going to pvcc in the spring for the cep. they will most likely put up a fall 2013 application soon. have you been to a cep info session?yep i have looked at everything on the site. aside from the new 2013 application, pvcc appears no where. i am just hoping that the cep will be ready to go for fall 2013 at pvcc. all that construction they are doing now is for the new nursing labs. cant wait to see it!
- 0Jun 23, '12 by Nurse RobYes, I have already been to an information session back in March. No mention of PVCC, although ------------ the nursing adviser at PVCC had previously mentioned "we could have a CEP course here at PVCC" but I thought that was just a pipe dream of hers.
Also, back in March they told us that they are no longer requiring letters of recommendation. Still required?
I am going to assume that Fall 2013 CEP admissions will be in February?Last edit by dianah on Jun 24, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- 0Jun 25, '12 by Nurse RobWell I got a response from PVCC and it is not good news for me. They are not participating in the CEP program for Fall 2013. I asked for clarification on if Spring 2013 was just a trial run or if PVCC will only do entrance into the CEP in the Springs only. I do not mind waiting an extra semester, but I will be bummed if I was really 9 credits away from being able to do the CEP program at PVCC's new nursing labs.
I will update with any response, in the mean time, Ill finish my prereqs.
- 0Jun 29, '12 by CinDRnycQuote from Nurse RobSeriously? That sucks. Why don't you just go to Scottsdale CC then? I'm not sure waiting a whole semester to go to PVCC is worth it....Quick to respond:
"We plan to do this every Spring semester....20- seats for NAU CEP and 10 seats for traditional nursing students. The application dates for the spring 2014 semester will be in May 2013.
I mean if you REALLY want to go to PVCC then I guess wait but it sounds like if they only do it every Spring it will be more competitive and I don't know what your grades are....
Keep us posted! :redpinkhe