- by outbackannie Aug 18, '03What is the Arizona State Legislature thinking when they are proposing elimination of mandatory licensure for RN's and LPN's? They are proposing certification and registration instead.Seems like it would be much easier for imposters to invade our state with little consequences if they do get caught.
- 1,950 Views
- Aug 18, '03 by BessI find it totally confusing. Would 'registering' mean checking to see if the nurse passed boards, has had legal problems, etc? If so, what would be the difference between this and a license?
- Aug 26, '03 by Going80INA55I would wonder if they are trying to simplify the process.
- Aug 28, '03 by JoyceanI agree this would be a bad idea, considering the increase in nurse imposters recently. I don't see the health care community going along with this. It would be devastating for patient safety and an increase in liability for nurse employers.
- Oct 30, '03 by smercknorLicensing requirements should be made stricter not easier! What are they thinking?