John C. LincolnRegister Today!
- by JenRN30 Oct 6, '10Hi everyone,
My family and I will be moving to Phoenix in the early spring, so I'm researching facilities that I might want to apply to. I've heard good things about John C. Lincoln, but there are only one or two RN positions listed. It's been this way on their website for the past few months. Does anyone know if they're just on a hiring freeze, or what?
Also Shea Scottsdale, not many positions listed there either. Does anyone know the scoop? I see that Banner has tons of positions listed, I just want to have a few options. I do understand that the market is extremely tight, just hoping to get some information from people who know. We'll be living in the West Valley. Thanks!!
- Oct 11, '10 by dorimarJohn C. Lincoln is a great place. There are two facilities JCL Deer Valley and JCL North Mountain. If I had my choice I would choose North Mountain. It is a level one trauma center (but I believe both hospitals have a good reputation). Also, JCL is still just those two hospitals and not owned by a big chain like Banner. Although, if you choose Banner, Good Sam is really good too. My good friends have worked there for years and love it. That is probably where I would go if I was looking for bedside again.
The job market is tough here right now. I am so sad for many of my new grads as it very difficult for any to find work. If you have experience, you should do fine. Just don't expect the kind of perks we used to get.....
- Oct 11, '10 by dorimarAlso, I see you said you would be living in the west valley. Boswell is a good hospital (It is Banner too). It is in Sun City (geriatric community). They have a pretty big cardiac program, are a stroke center, and have a pretty good reputation as well.
The thing about Phoenix area and nursing is that Banner owns 49% of the labor market so us nurses pretty much have to put up with what they offer, demand, etc.... Not that they are bad, just that what they say goes in this market...
- Oct 13, '10 by JenRN30Thanks so much Dorimar!! I really appreciate the response. I've heard really good things about Boswell too. I'll definitely check out JCL, Banner Good Sam, and Banner Boswell. I'll only have a year experience when we move, so I hope I'm able to find something without too much trouble. I guess we'll see. Thanks again!!
- Dec 22, '10 by rntim49Quote from Great_timeNot any more they dont, and expect 2-3 years experience required for even a med-surg position. Also you should be aware most are requiring a BSN to even get a foot in the door. Sorry to burst your bubble however if you do not have a close contact from within you may be just spinning your wheels applying for months and months.I would go ahead and apply before coming to AZ. Some places offer relocation and sign on bonuses.