Info on health exam/immunizations/titers/cpr class
- 0Apr 9, '11 by mom2a1c2I'm doing some research this morning regarding the phsyical exam and titers we need to start school. Some insurances will cover this, some won't.
I called Banner Occupational Health Center this morning and they quoted me the following prices:
MMR Titer: $75
Varicella Titer: $50
Tetanus/Diptheria Immunization: $35
TB skin test: $25
Hep B immunization: $88 each, need 3
Also, the Red Cross has the CPR class for $60.
If anyone has any other options that are more affordable, please post!
- 0Apr 9, '11 by msiegelI took the BLS for health care providers course @ Scottsdale HC-Shea for $36
CVS Minute Clinic does the TB skin tests for $28, don't forget you'll need to do this 2 times (1-3 weeks apart)
Just got my titers back- positive (have immunity) for Mumps, Rubella, & Varicella but not Measles! Ugh- now I need to pay for shots. Anyone know if I can just get a Measles booster?
FYI- the series of Hep B shots needs to all be done @ the same place. Can't start the series with Banner & switch to another provider.
- 0Apr 10, '11 by mom2a1c2A titer is a blood test that measures your immunity to an antigen. For example, if you have been exposed to chicken pox.
You have to do them before you enroll in the nursing program. It is for your safety when you start clinicals.
Quote from Seamus567Excuse me , but what exactly is a titer, and does every nurse have to take it, and when are they done and how often, many thanx
- 0Apr 12, '11 by deebaxsterI took CPR for HCP last Saturday w/ the City of Tempe. The instructor mentioned that he is teaching the class for $15 this Saturday, 4/16 at his church this Saturday. Corpus Christi Church.
He is a nice guy, his name is -----, I believe. We were done in 2.5 hours.
CPR & First Aid Training
Apr 16, 2011
CPR & 1st Aid Training on Sat, Apr 16
Last edit by dianah on Apr 12, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Heartsaver CPR & AED - 12:00-2:00p - $15
- Healthcare Provider CPR - 12:00-2:00p - $15
- Heartsaver First Aid - 2:00-4:00p - $15
- Hands Only CPR - 12:00-4:00p - FREE
- 0Apr 13, '11 by i'mdown4thatQuote from azgirl84azgirl84,I have a stupid question that I should probably know....
If I got my MMR shots 2x but it was when I was a kid, does hat work?? Or do I have to redo shots? Or get titers?? I am not sure on that. I have everything else completed I am just wondering about that! Thanks
If you received the immunizations when you were younger you should be fine. You just have to show proof of those shots (shot record). If you do not have the shot records, then you will need a titer drawn up (simple blood draw). That will prove you are immune and will satisfy the requirements for the program. I had to do titers for MMR and Varicella since I had misplaced the records.
Hope this helps!