Im taking AP 1 this Fall semester. Any advice on which cc I should take it at?
- 0Apr 1, '13 by CeezaHi everyone. I'm planning to take AP this fall (contemplating Summer). Do you have any school or teacher recommendations. Specifically has anyone taken AP1 at Estrella Cc?
- 990 Visits
- 0Apr 1, '13 by toy85I've heard that Estrella's a&p teachers aren't good. I'm driving to GCC from Goodyear everyday because of that. Gcc's science dept is wonderful. I can give you the name of a teacher who is very good. She gives out study guides to all of her tests & that is all you need to prepare. Easy A. It's a tough course but she's very helpful. She may have an SI for that class because she does for 202. Pm me if you'd like her name. :-)
- 0Apr 5, '13 by toppermostI always tell people to take it in the summer if you can. I took mine in summer (at PVCC) and I LOVED it. You learn everything at once. Its fresh in your mind, which in my experience, made retaining all the info easier. In a traditional semester, by the time finals come around you can barely remember what you learned in August.
- 0Apr 5, '13 by toy85Quote from PrettypinkbubblesThat's exactly why I said I've "heard!" I have friends & neighbors who go there & I've gotten mixed reviews. Some love it & some hate it. They have an amazing eng dept & i especially love the writing center. I've taken summer classes there and will be returning for summer 1. GCC has a new science building with palatinates & my opinion is that I love GCC's science dept. I was trying to help someone who was asking.I disagree. I took both A&P 1&2 at Estrella CC and had awesome instructors both times.
- 0Apr 12, '13 by acabadasI took both AP 1 and 2 at SCC and my instructor was an amazing teacher. Both classes require a lot of hard work and SCC may be kind of far, especially if you're considering Estrella, but it would be worth it to take both with her. She has the ability to teach in a way that no matter what your learning style is you will learn and understand what she is teaching bc she teaches the same thing so many different ways. If you want her name PM me.
- 0Apr 13, '13 by HobberdogEvery college will have good and bad teachers. Go to ratemyprofessers.com and check them out before you sign up for the class. I have had good luck with that. You can usually tell from the feedback who the bad teachers are and who is just whining because they got a bad grade.
- 0Aug 7, '13 by LovingRyanQuote from OrealyYouThinkMemorization will not help one bit, in the sense that there is so much material and concepts that you have to know. I took A&P2 at EMCC with *********. It was hard for me. His test are HARDCORE!!! You have to be able to write an essay explaining for example the Coagulation Cascade in detail. He gives homework every night and a quiz at the beginning of each class, 7 case studies, 2 lab practicals and 4 exams (If I remember correctly). I HIGHLY recommend him (look for him on ratemyprofessors.com)in A&P 2 is it all memorization also?
Hated AP1... Aced it but drove me nuts with all the memorization.
And what does AP2 cover so I can start getting ready?
Thanks all, press on and bring it!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 7, '13 : Reason: ToS /privacy. Please do not post names of school personnel
- 0Aug 7, '13 by PrettypinkbubblesI had -******** too, and I agree his class is hardcore, but I tell you what, I learned and retained more in that class than any other. I highly recommend this class.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 7, '13 : Reason: ToS /privacy. Please do not post names of school personne