How soon do you start applying for jobs.....Register Today!
- by mitenz Mar 9, '11I am just curious as to when you are soon to be a new grad do you start applying for open nursing jobs? Do you wait until you have your license? Any advice? Thank you.
- Mar 19, '11 by ajhill00Good question! Hopefully someone will answer soon.
- Mar 20, '11 by Archer1121Start applying for employment during your final semester of nursing school. Many hospitals start their application process months before the actual start date of employment, and by that time you will have graduated and hopefully passed NCLEX. For example, many hospitals new grad programs pop up on their websites for applications around october/november-ish, but the new grad program itself did not start unitl january or febuary. does that answer your question?
- Mar 21, '11 by RNinWhiteI applied 3 months before I graduated, when the hospital posted their new grad position. Call around and ask HR or a nursing recruiter if they have a new grad program and when they post the position online. DO NOT wait until you have your license as some hospitals pay for an NCLEX review course for you.
- Mar 21, '11 by mitenzThank you both for your responses....I know the market is tight right now...so I am crossing my fingers. Thanks again.