Hospital Reputations in PhoenixRegister Today!
- by Sunlover Jul 18, '06I am curious to hear from other nurses on what hospitals have great images and possibly what hospitals need to a reputation overhaul!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=168681©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 28,705 Views
- Jul 18, '06 by HoozdoQuote from SunloverWell, I have lived here all of my life and I am sure some of you will get mad at my responses :trout:I am curious to hear from other nurses on what hospitals have great images and possibly what hospitals need to a reputation overhaul!
Good rep - Mayo, St. Joseph's, Good Samaritan, Az Heart Hospital, John C Lincoln
Bad rep - Maryvale, Baptist, St. Luke's
All others are in between. Name a hospital and I can tell you my perception of it!
- Jul 18, '06 by GrnHonu99Quote from SunloverI am curious to hear from other nurses on what hospitals have great images and possibly what hospitals need to a reputation overhaul!
Im working at St. Josephs...well I will be. Ive been and toured and everyone is super nice. So far it seems like St. Joe's is an awesome hospital
- Jul 19, '06 by english_nurseany thoughts on casa grande? lol
- Jul 19, '06 by cookielady,rnthere's nothing going on in Casa Grande. I was not treated well at Good Samaritan. Many recruiters I've talked to have gotten negative feedback as well. Heard good things about John C Lincoln. Am starting at Scottsdale, which may receive magnet status in September. I've heard to stay far, far away from County.
- Jul 19, '06 by english_nursei have a job at casa grande regional health
im not looking for action, just peace and quiet! lol
oh and a reasonable amount of safety for me and my kids
- Jul 19, '06 by HoozdoI give Scottsdale Healthcare a thumbs up in reputation. My sister-in-law works there and likes it a lot. My husband was hospitalized there and I liked it, (the one on Shea.). MY SIL works at Scottsdale Osborn.
Casa Grande.......hmmmmmmmm, the town is a blip on the map between Phoenix and Tucson. Haven't heard about it one way or another. I imagine it treats the people that live there for minor things.....any cardiac or major surgery would be done in Phx or Tucson.
- Jul 19, '06 by HoozdoQuote from cookielady,rnCounty.........have done lots of clinicals in school there. It is a teaching hospital which I like, they have a state of the art burn center. I would not like to be a patient there though due to the lack of private rooms, (sometimes 6 beds to a room!)there's nothing going on in Casa Grande. I was not treated well at Good Samaritan. Many recruiters I've talked to have gotten negative feedback as well. Heard good things about John C Lincoln. Am starting at Scottsdale, which may receive magnet status in September. I've heard to stay far, far away from County.
Kind of a dirty looking hospital with low income patients....but I personally like it better to treat a poor needy person that appreciates me then an high-end, high maintance pt that thinks I am their to serve their every whim.
Any more questions just ask.......I am familiar with all Phoenix hospitals and Glendale. If you go east of Phoenix to Tempe, Mesa, Chandler I don't have a clue.
- Jul 20, '06 by azhiker96I am a tech at Banner Desert and like it there. I'll work there as a nurse after I graduate in March!
- Jul 21, '06 by nsnapresi personally didn't love mayo. we did 12 weeks of clinicals there. kind of how you'd picture it--clique-sih, snooty, rich and obnoxious patients. i felt like a pillow fluffer and salt and pepper girl--not a nursing student. they do have a great new grad program, though.
county is pretty good. good benefits. i'd prefer not having to work there, but yes, the burn center is phenomenal. (just how depressing though...)
i'd love to work at phoenix children's hospital. it's as good as they say. beautiful, friendly staff, etc.
i have friends at boswell and del webb on the west side that like it. desert banner is good. heard some positive stuff about good sam. st. joes is great. pretty much agree with all the other people have said.
i'd work at phoenix children's if i were to stay here, though. that's my top pick.