Hospital Reputations in Phoenix - Page 11Register Today!
- Jan 5, '07 by Calzonan RNStay away from Maricopa, unless you like tons of traffic trying to get in/out with only a one-lane street. Same with parts of Queen Creek. Traffic is a nightmare in these two places. Gilbert, or Chandler are nice new areas with lots of roads in and out, and centrally located to a lot of hospitals. Mesa is too, but it's an older city and not as many of the new ammenities.
- Jan 5, '07 by KarryRNQuote from CalzonanThanks for your input. I'm going to do my clinical at T-Bird in pediatrics. I'll start later this month.I've done all of my clinicals at Banner T-bird and really love it. They do have a peds unit, but I haven't been to that yet, we do our peds rotation at Hacienda. Almost all of the people I've met at BTB have been really great, but again it depends on what floor you work on etc.
- Jan 6, '07 by jamonitQuote from KarryRNdoh! come to phoenix children's if you are interested in pediatrics! can't be beat, great to nurses, only ped-specific hospital in phoenix. i can't wait to start there soon!Thanks for your input. I'm going to do my clinical at T-Bird in pediatrics. I'll start later this month.
- Jan 8, '07 by Kabin100 Best Companies to Work For 2007: States | FORTUNE
According to Fortune Magazine the Mayo Clinic is #62 out of the top 100 best companies to work for in 2007. There were 10 AZ companies on the list.Last edit by Kabin on Jan 8, '07 : Reason: Add info
- Jan 9, '07 by KarryRNQuote from jamonitI did consider going to PCH, but it is a drive for me. I actually worked there as a new grad, and I had a good experience. Good luck to you.doh! come to phoenix children's if you are interested in pediatrics! can't be beat, great to nurses, only ped-specific hospital in phoenix. i can't wait to start there soon!
- Jan 10, '07 by scubapenguinAs far as Banner Baywood, I was there as a patient and hated it. Poor treatment and no continuity of care. I work in a lab where we receive Baywood lab specimens to process. Their lab staff is overworked and brain damaged to boot. They have a "toss it over the wall - let someone else deal with it attitude".. NOT good for the patient. I've also heard horror stories about the ED as well. I won't go there to work.
- Mar 2, '07 by z-babyHi everyone! I've had interviews with AZ Heart Hospital and John C. Lincoln Hospital in AZ. I hope you can help me with a few questions:
1) How's the work environment in both hospitals?
2) How's the area for growth in both hospitals? I am a new grad RN and I am looking into working for a hospital long term. I want to work where there is great avenue for growth.
3) How are they salary wise? Do they give sign-on bonuses?
I wasn't able to see any reviews on AZ HEART. Any feedbacks on them?
I am a new grad BSN and just got my RN last december. I would really appreciate any input from you!
- Mar 2, '07 by GrnHonu99Banner Good Sam...AWFUL...worst hospital I have ever stepped foot into..that is ezcept Banner Mesa.
- Mar 22, '07 by z-babyQuote from HoozdoWell, I have lived here all of my life and I am sure some of you will get mad at my responses :trout:
Good rep - Mayo, St. Joseph's, Good Samaritan, Az Heart Hospital, John C Lincoln
Bad rep - Maryvale, Baptist, St. Luke's
All others are in between. Name a hospital and I can tell you my perception of it!
what's your take on AZ Heart Hospital??:smiletea:
- Mar 22, '07 by jamonityou have to wear all white at az heart hospital. and mayo.