Evit LPN Program Start Date 01/07/12Register Today!
- by malibubarby Dec 26, '12I am so excited. I have been accepted to start Evit's next Cohort beginning on 01/07/12. This is a 13 month program that runs Mon-Fri 730AM-11:45am. At the end of the program after you pass the boards, you can switch into Block 3 at the Community Colleges and finish RN, as long as all the pre-requistes are finished. Has anyone went to Evit in the past year for LPN to shed some light on the program? Thank you.
- Dec 26, '12 by pookypQuote from malibubarbyYou spend only 4 hours in school? That's it!?I am so excited. I have been accepted to start Evit's next Cohort beginning on 01/07/12. This is a 13 month program that runs Mon-Fri 730AM-11:45am. At the end of the program after you pass the boards, you can switch into Block 3 at the Community Colleges and finish RN, as long as all the pre-requistes are finished. Has anyone went to Evit in the past year for LPN to shed some light on the program? Thank you.
- Dec 26, '12 by malibubarbyYes.its Monday thru Friday for 13 months. A little bit longer then gateways program. But when clinicals start it will be a full day. Don't know I the schedule that far ahead yet until we receive our placements.
- Dec 26, '12 by malibubarbyIt wasn't as hard as I made it be lol. You take the entrance test which is basic math and English with creative reading. If you took those classes at a community college it's pretty much the same. Their also is a biology part that is equal to bio201. All pre reqs for rn program, so when I took the test the teacher told me I scored the highest in this batch starting, I was so excited. The next start date is April and I believe there is a little over 30 spots available. It is located in Mesa. There is no waiting list since financial aid only covers about half of it, and they do not accept student loans,only the pell grant,which discourages some people from going. So you basically have almost 4k-5k left to pay out of your pocket. They do have a no interest payment plan which is what I am doing. Around 400 a month. It's worth it to me. 11,000 is the price of the program compared to gateways lpn program of 2900. I thinking paying more and finishing before I get called to gateways program is better on my end, to each is their own though.
- Dec 30, '12 by AZMOMO2Does EVIT use credit hours or clock hours? Make sure it is credit hours. Someone in our program just had this happen where they were not going to accept their entire LPN AFTER then had already completed the RN program because their program was considered clock hours, despite the application simply saying you needed to have an LPN to get into Advanced Placement.
- Jan 1 by malibubarbyIt's credit hours. 2 of my friends have transfered to Gateway Community College and are in their final block for RN. I wish that was me and would've taken their advice sooner ha. I have went to Mesa CC, Gateway (in person)and Rio Salado for online classes to finish all my pre-requistes for the RN program, but EVIT was faster in getting accepted. My friends said you have to stay on top of advanced placement with the schools because you could wait up to 2 semesters? Was that the case for the girl in the LPN to RN program?
- Jan 1 by AZMOMO2No for her it was just after graduation that they was an issue that came to light... very long story, but hers to tell.
But I did the Advanced Placement and applied last March and started last May and graduated in December. I take my NCLEX in a few weeks. I had received two offers for summer start, one from Gateway and one from Scottsdale. I did not have to wait even 1 semester for either.
But yes you have to be proactive with the whole process.
Best of luck with your LPN program!!