- 0Dec 23, '04 by Belinda-walesDH and I have beeen offer jobs with Banner Health working in Desart Samaritan Medical Center DH in med surg and L+D for me anybody working for this company are they good people, what about the Hospital its self, we have visted in the summer but its hard find out about a place with one tour, to be fair the people from Banner and all of the staff that we meet were very nice.
- 4,742 Visits
- 0Dec 23, '04 by TucwebbI did an nursing student externship there this past summer in the OR, and my sister was a patient there on several units. I found everyone to be very friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there. As you know, it is the largest hospital in Arizona, and they have applied for Magnet status. I don't think you will be disappointed working there. However, if you are, there are plenty of other hospitals in Phoenix that you can check out once you get there. Good luck.
- 0Jan 16, '05 by RainDreamerHi Belinda, have you and your DH decided whether you will take them up on the job offers? I've heard a lot of great things about Banner. One of the nurse recruiters from Banner has been in contact with me the past few months working with me to get me a job there after I graduate in May. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts/experiences with Banner as well.
Good luck to you!
- 0Mar 4, '05 by ddrncQuote from breastfeedingRNMy DH and I are planning on moving to AZ in the next 6 months to 1 year. We will probably live in the Phoenix or Mesa area( our son lives in Mesa). I am an experienced L&D RN and would appreciate info from RNs in this area about their hospitals, size of the unit, Level II or III, and why they like working there. I have heard good things about Banner Health, also. Any info would be greatly appreciated!A little late, but I work for Banner Health and really love it!
Also, I am considering working with a nursing agency out of the Phoenix area to get some exposure to the different OB units. Any suggestions or advise on this?
- 0Mar 6, '05 by LYNNORAI work at Banner Good Samaritan - i do like it here. I stay far away from the pregnant people side of the hospital but I know we have a high risk-obstectrics program that specializes in high order multiples. It is a certified Level III Perinatal Center. The hospital also provides in utero therapies such as fetal transfusion, shunts and treatment for umbilical cord occlusions.
- 0Mar 7, '05 by nesherI too am wondering about Banner Health - in particular the Desert Sam Hospital in Phoenix. I am being recruited for a CNS position there and hadn't really thought about moving to that area, so I am at a loss.
What is Arizona like? Hot I presume...
What is Banner Health like? Any information would be great!
- 0Mar 16, '05 by twistrnQuote from Belinda-walesI worked at Banner Desert for almost 3 months. I'm a L & D nurse, totally enjoyed working there. Everyone's very friendly and helpful. Most of the Drs. are ok too.DH and I have beeen offer jobs with Banner Health working in Desart Samaritan Medical Center DH in med surg and L+D for me anybody working for this company are they good people, what about the Hospital its self, we have visted in the summer but its hard find out about a place with one tour, to be fair the people from Banner and all of the staff that we meet were very nice.
:angryfire My problem was that I was fired due to missed work. I developed steriod myopathy after being treated for several weeks with Prednisone. I had missed 2 1/2 wks. work, had notes from Drs., kept in touch with those in charge, etc. I was fired due to "not fulfilling my job responsibilities." I was about 10 days away from my 90 day probation ending. I was told had I finished probation, things may have been different.
I'm very sad that this happened. I had previously worked at Banner Good Sam L & D for almost 2 1/2 yrs. I've had very good experiences working at both hospitals. I really loved my job at Desert and am still in shock that this has happened to me! Considering the nursing shortage, especially here in Arizona, I can't believe it!
If anyone has any thoughts, I'd be happy to hear from you!
- 0Sep 12, '11 by luvazsunHumph- I've been trying for months to get hired at Banner and can't get past HR's computer select/decline based on my online application. Then, only to receive a "we are considering other candidates for this position " or "we do not hire new grads for this position" - email. Ah, hello, did you even LOOK at my resume? I graduated in 1985! I have yet to talk to a human in human relations. Good luck!