ASU Summer 2010 Program Applicants - Page 9Register Today!
- Mar 22, '10 by TarabaraI agree with tttt, dont buy the apa manual (i just use owl purdue online too) and dont buy the nursing social policy statement. I do recommend just buying the bundle through ASU because the ebooks that you get is awesome. (I wish i had ) The nursing skills online isn't a text book, its online skill modules that you buy the code to have access to. It comes in the bundle from ASU but if you dont buy the bundle then you have to buy it separately from evolve. Dont buy nursing skills online from amazon or anything like that because the code you buy there could be an old one that doesnt work anymore.
- Mar 22, '10 by scperez11hey everyone:
so after browsing through the list of books, and visiting amazon and ebay, i've purchased all but a few books. i'm not sure if i should purchase the remaining "additional resources" listed under nur 312. the nice thing is that most of the books overlap. i'm going to wait on the "nursing skills online..." thing and see what asu says. other than that, my total thus far is $355.76 (alot less than over $700). at first i was worried about getting the wrong book, but i went by edition and i think i'll be ok. how is everyone else doing?
- Mar 22, '10 by airborneinf82Hey just to let everyone know, i went to the nursing offices today and spoke with them about the text books and the lady at the baccalaureate programs office said that she thought the text book list wasn't supposed to go out with these packets because there might be some changes to it. she did not have the revised list at the time but told me she would email it to me when she got in touch with the person in charge of that. You might want to get clarification on this and possibly hold up on purchasing until this gets cleared up.
- Mar 22, '10 by PineappleCrushI was wondering about that APA book... there's no point to get it because of the wonderfulness that is the OWL at Purdue. That's good to hear that there are books that we don't need... although those are two of the cheapest books >.< haha. Thanks for the info, tttt and tarabara!
I think I'm going to hold off on getting the books, especially in light of what airborneinf82 has mentioned lol! That's crazy that they didn't even know that the book lists went out with our packets... Could you update us when you get the email if there are any changes? That would be absolutely fantastic!
I'm going to wait and see what ASU has to offer, it may not even be that expensive (although I doubt it could beat scperez11's or ka2010's prices!). I REALLY like the ebooks, and when you buy the books off of ebay/half.com or Amazon, you're not really guaranteed the ebook. Amazon *should* have the ebook codes, but they may not. Ebooks make things SO much easier with the Ctrl + F function, omg. I'm so tempted to buy the books simply because I'm anxious to get started and want to start getting everything together! haha
Do you guys know anything about financial aid, like if there's anything we can get to help cover summer sessions? My scholarships do not cover summer sessions and with all these books and now the $750 surcharge I'm not sure where I'm going to get the money (hooray for parents!). I'm going to get a loan in the next couple weeks, but I was just curious if anyone knew about any summer scholarships or anything.
- Mar 22, '10 by scperez11Wow, after reading that one post about how the list may be inaccurate, I'm kind of worried. Thank goodness I didn't buy FULL price books. I doubt the WHOLE list is messed up because I don't think ASU would send us the list in the first place if they knew it was full of errors. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...
- Mar 22, '10 by airborneinf82I will definately update when I hear back from her.
Sabrina, I wouldn't stress it too much. She didn't make it sound like it was all wrong. Im pretty sure its just a book or two, if thats even true. She wasn't 100% sure on it. You'll probably be fine!
- Mar 23, '10 by PineappleCrushQuote from scperez11Wow, after reading that one post about how the list may be inaccurate, I'm kind of worried. Thank goodness I didn't buy FULL price books. I doubt the WHOLE list is messed up because I don't think ASU would send us the list in the first place if they knew it was full of errors. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...
I second what airborneinf82 said, I don't think you should worry too much; like you said, IF they change some of the books, it will probably only be one or two. I doubt the whole list would be inaccurate, that's a lot of books! You should be fine. Plus, if there are any books that you got that we won't need, they could either be used as extra study material or you could always return them or even try to sell them back and make a little money! ...I didn't say that... haha
- Mar 23, '10 by scperez11Thanks for cheering me up, guys! :] I'm in the same boat as one of the other people. My scholarship doesn't cover summer tuition. I haven't filled out a FAFSA since 07'.. lol.. I am considering a loan. My work does tuition reimbursement but with the economy being so bad, I'm not sure how much they can help me with, if at all. The first day of school [5/17] is my 21st birthday, guess my Vegas money will be going towards tuition.. haha...
- Mar 23, '10 by airborneinf82Hey, has anyone been able to register for the summer classes yet? I noticed there are 4 listed with 60 slots which I imagine are our classes. I talked to student services yesterday and they did say there were 4 we would register for ourselves and 1 they had to put us in.
The sooner I can get registered the better the chances of getting my VA benefits to transition over to the summer without a delay in payment. I guess I'll probably give them a call tomorrow. Just curious if anyone registered yet online.
- Mar 23, '10 by airborneinf82Deleted double post....