ASU RN to BSN OnlineRegister Today!
- by nurseinme Nov 17, '11I was wondering if taking NUR 445 and NUR 440 together is doable? I work full time (8 hour days). I took TWC 361 and NUR 391 in the first seven weeks and it was very stressful. ASU RN to BSN Online classes run for seven weeks.
In addition, I need to take 7 upper division credit hours. Any ideas on what classes to take, online? Death and Dying?
- Dec 6, '11 by arush7973I'm just finishing up the Death and Dying class online with ----. The class is pretty easy but I will say that it does require quite a bit of reading. I enjoyed the class a great deal. Best of luck to you!Last edit by dianah on Dec 6, '11 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Apr 21, '12 by mahalynHi nurseinme,
I'm starting the core classes at ASU RN-BSN online next month and thinking taking TWC 361 & NUR 391 together while I'm still working part-time. You mentioned that it was very stressful taking both together, but were you working full time?
- May 11, '12 by code3rescuemahalyn,
I am too starting this summer at asu online. i pick TWC 361 and an elective. I heard you write a 20 page paper right off the bat in TWC 361. The nursing advisor patty said she wouldn't recommend taking TWC 361 with anything else with lots of course work. I am thinking of doing death/dying or women's studies:sex in the city (an Upper Division elective) with TWC 361. What did you end up picking?
- Feb 3 by nurseinmeYes..I worked and am working full-time.
- Sep 19 by thedeweyHi all,
I start ASU's RN-BSN online program in May. Did most of you take 2 classes together the whole time? Is there any you recommend to take alone that were pretty intense? I will be working full time.
- Dec 8 by yginayI just finished and it is a great program. I worked full time (3 x 12 hr shifts/week + new grad residency classes) and have 2 small children. I took 3 classes per semester and 2 over the summer, and finished in just over a year with a 3.9 GPA. The semesters were broken into two 8 week "sessions" so each semester I always had 2 classes together and then a 3rd which was alone. Never a problem. The workload is reasonable and the program really does give you a lot of resources to aid in your success.
- Dec 8 by yginay
Each semester is broken into sessions A & B each of which is 8 weeks long so each class is 8 weeks long. This is how I did it class wise, the 2 classes I took in same session are together, the one I took alone is separate.
TWC 361 Writing for Healthcare Mgmt
SOC 391 Social Statistics (Prof O'Donnel= best class/tutorials ever, you will learn it well!)
NUR 391 Professional Nursing Theory
NUR 315 Methods and Critical Appraisal of EBP (this one is sort of intense, take it solo and other 2 together)
NUR 440 Community and Public Health
NUR 445 Nursing Mgmt
NUR 444 Innovation in Nursing
NUR 495Public & Global Health
NUR 392 Nursing Across the Lifespan
NUR 460 The Art of Nursing
NUR 464 Capstone Synthesis of Professional Nursing
I hope this helps