ASU CEP with Mesa Starts Fall of 2012Register Today!
- by BSN-Path Oct 11, '11just a heads up for those of you who do not know that asu cep with mccc will start fall 2012 at mcc at both of their locations. go to the info session i think one is on oct. 20th in mesa and the other is on oct. 24th. at boswell (sun city) don't wait there are not many seats left!!!
- Oct 11, '11 by BSN-Pathoh my, i just checked again and the asu cep info session for mesa is full it just came out yesterday!!! there are 3 seats still open for the mesa banner boswell (sun city campus) if you can not get into the info session i will do my best to tell you what they told us. i will be going to the one at banner boswell (sun city campus)
- Oct 20, '11 by jjanousFor those that attended the first info session, what is the cost for the ASU program?
- Oct 21, '11 by Azlg99Hello! I did not attend the info session, but the MCCCD Nursing site has been updated to include all the info for the ASU CEP program. Hope this helps!
- Oct 26, '11 by cherryobebeQuote from jekeslerI attended the info session at Boswell on the 24th. The cost is $805 per credit hour. This comes to $37,835 and is in addition to MCCCD Nursing tuition of $2260. As I understand it, the NAU concurrent program is almost a quarter of the cost at $9510 plus the $2260! I was SO shocked and disappointed after getting home and crunching numbers.For those that attended the first info session, what is the cost for the ASU program?
It doesn't even make sense. This is only $3,000 less than Grand Canyon University, and they are a FOR PROFIT school! Plus, GCU gives as much as $3500 in scholarship money PER SEMESTER, making their BSN program way cheaper than the ASU concurrent program. The NAU concurrent program is still way cheaper though...
- Oct 26, '11 by BSN-Pathi was just told that the $805 per credit for asu is with fees and nau is right behind that number the session did not have the total amount of nau cost per credit with fees.
they told me to go on to the maricopa community college nursing website and look up the asu cep info it will tell you how to add up the cost and fallow those directions when you are on the asu website. i did just that and it did the calculations for me, which comes out to be closer to $11,500 not $37,000, so what is the cost ???
the one thing they did say to me was “keep in mind that asu or nau cost does not include books.” i think i might just have to go to asu to get answers. the $37,000 just sounds crazy to me. lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it is closer to $11,500, which comes out to be only a few thousand less then nau.
i wish they would just break it all down for us and give us the cost with books and fees!!!
- Oct 26, '11 by cherryobebeWhen you say that you were told this information... who are they and was this at an ASU specific CEP info session?
I was told this information at the ASU MCC CEP info session that was held at Boswell on the 24th. There have only been 2 info sessions on the ASU CEP. If you didn't attend one of those, then you didn't get the information. The advisor that presented the information clarified this verbally, as well as it was in the PowerPoint presentation that she showed us. She showed NAU over $300 per credit hour, which puts it over $9000, excluding books, etc. On the same slide, she showed ASU at $805 a credit hour and stated that this also does not include books, but does include program fees. If you go to Maricopa Nursing and to the brochures, you will find that NAU is 30 credits and ASU is 47. That also plays a huge role in the cost.
I hope that the ASU/MCC CEP info session at Boswell was completely wrong and whoever you are getting your information from is right, but I don't have faith in that. Sorry. Good luck with whatever pathway you take!