What is it like to work in a clinic? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 27, '12 by JZ_RNAnd I don't mind having a lot of work or tasks, but when there's 50 things I'm expected to do at the exact same time... that is stressful. I am not lazy lol.
- Jul 4, '12 by JZ_RNI start this week orienting. I will get to care for all kinds of populations, urban community health. I'm so excited. Will let you all know how it goes. I have a good feeling about this though.
- Aug 10, '12 by factorviiaOkay, JZ_RN... You are almost a week overdue for our "30-day report". Let's hear it -- The good the bad and the ugly!!!
Seriously, though - I hope it has been an amazing month for you! I, too am a new grad and am jumping into my first ever nursing job at an "all kinds of populations" type of primary care clinic.
@DogWmn: I bet my clinic is more rural than your clinic! :-) The nearest organized community is about 40 miles away with a population of about 10,000...
It's a start, and I couldn't be more excited!
- Oct 18, '12 by JZ_RNWell you can read the good, the bad, and the ugly on my other posts. I do enjoy the job more. I have a new respect for clinic nurses, we deal with a lot of BS. I work my behind off but at the end of the day I know I wasn't the one making all decisions like in LTC where the MD is absent 99.9% of the time. I feel like I can do more than pass pills and change dirty beds and deal with alzheimer's. I hate the nasty patients, love the nice ones, and when I go home I'm tired but not depressed.
- Nov 14, '12 by LTCNSI'm so glad to see you are so happy in your clinic job OP. I just left LTC after 17 years and haven't looked back. I love the elderly but the stress is just not worth it. I thank God everyday for what He has done in my life. Like you, I am tired but not depressed. I no longer wake up crying and dreading my job. God is good
- Nov 23, '12 by JZ_RNI am stressed at my job but I don't feel like it will be my fault if harm comes to someone since I'm not the only caregiver around!
- Jun 22 by happyclinicRNWell? You are a year in. How do you like it?
- Jul 2 by freesia29I have hope that I will like clinic nursing better too. I am 2 months new to nursing since graduation and I feel like LTC is going to kill me. The aggressive residents are too much...I am getting punched, spit on, yelled at or things thrown at me every single day I work. It's depressing me and I am regretting nursing.
I have hope a clinic will be better.