I work in a pediatric office where we recommend Tylenol or its generic frequently to help reduce fever, pain, etc. Thought some of you who may do the same might find this article helpful. Perrigo Company Announces Nationwide Recall of Infants’ Oral Drops Containing Enclosed Syringe
Ernest J. Schenk
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Allegan, MI -- July 29, 2005 -- The Perrigo Company (Nasdaq: PRGO; TASE) is voluntarily recalling all lots of concentrated infants’ drops that are packaged with a dosing syringe bearing only a “1.6 mL” mark containing:
2. acetaminophen, dextromethorphan HBr, and pseudoephedrine HCl, or
3. dextromethorphan HBr, and pseudoephedrine HCl.
The dosing syringe may be confusing in determining the proper dose for infants under 2 years of age as directed by a doctor and could lead to improper dosing, including overdosing. The following products are being recalled to the retail level:
* Cherry Flavor Infant Pain Reliever 160 mg Acetaminophen (0.5oz. and 1.0oz)
* Grape Flavor Infant Pain Reliever 160 mg Acetaminophen (0.5oz. and 1.0oz)
* Cherry Flavor Cough and Cold Infant Drops (0.5oz)
* Cherry Flavor Decongestant and Cough Infant Drops (0.5oz) http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/perrigo07_05.html
Have a great day!