- by andreasmom02 Feb 28, '12Any other dermatology LPNs or RNs here? I'm a dermatology LPN looking to find other dermatology nurses on here to compare notes! lol
- Mar 2, '12 by littlekaneRNHi! I'm a new RN and I started my first nursing job in dermatology about 5 or 6 weeks ago! I wish there were more posts about derm nursing out there, but they seem to be few and far between!
- Mar 5, '12 by andreasmom02Hi littlekaneRN, Thanks for your reply. I'm going to private message you...
- Apr 9, '12 by littlekaneRNhello! how do you like your position? what kind of work do you do?
- Apr 22, '12 by MARIA212Hi late reply :/ . I think im still warming to the position, especially since I am a newly qualified. On top of that I never had any outpatients experience during my training so its all new. I still miss working on the wards especially in cardiac wards. However im definitely making the most of this experience, as I think dermatology is very interesting. I'm still trying to familarise myself with the different skin conditions and different treatment regimes as well.
My work typically involves running each clinic, being on hand for any wound dressings, assisting in skin biopsies, taking BP/Height/Weight/BMI, urine & pregnancy testing.
What kind of work do you do?
- Apr 29, '12 by mohs rn[QUOTE=andreasmom02;6198554]Any other dermatology LPNs or RNs here? I'm a dermatology LPN looking to find other dermatology nurses on here to compare notes! lol [/
I'm an RN that works with a Mohs surgeon. I previously worked in gen derm.
- May 4, '12 by littlekaneRNI also work at a practice that does general derm/mohs/regular surgeries. We have 2 docs that both do mohs but one is leaving the practice soon.
- May 4, '12 by littlekaneRNmohs rn, do you process the slides or do you have a tech? We have 2 nurses that process the specimens
- May 22, '12 by pistolchickQuote from andreasmom02I'm in derm, too! Once or twice a week we do procedures (usually after a superficial biopsy and we need a wider margin, though lots of cysts lately). The daily is rooming patients, assisting with biopsies, managing records, pt phone calls, refill requests, isotretinoin (bleh!) and anything the doctor asks (love him!!)Any other dermatology LPNs or RNs here? I'm a dermatology LPN looking to find other dermatology nurses on here to compare notes! lol