We've made a ton of changes and are continuing to do so
- 5Dec 22, '08 by brian, ADN AdminFirst, I want to thank all of our members who have voiced your opinions and shared your feedback, it is invaluable.
I will closed the original feedback thread, as a ton of the feedback and comments are based on things we have already implemented change on, or fixed many of the issues. We had several technical issues with the servers, making the site very slow, and it hurt the user experience and I think was a source or some of the frustration. We are far from done making changes, so please be patient on changes.
So I wanted to start a new thread, where we can get more constructive feedback, know that we have addressed many issues.
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
- 1Dec 22, '08 by Pixie.RN, BSN, RN, EMT-P Senior ModeratorI like it that the user info is already expanded on posts, rather than having to click on the user names. And the font doesn't look as ginormous and cartoon-like. I can see the results of the tweaking -- I already like it better!
- 1Dec 22, '08 by CT Pixie, ASN, RNHi Brian
Let me be the first to give a thumbs up for the changes already implimented! I just noticed the smaller font at the top of the page (thumbs up), I also noticed that within the last few minutes all the user stats are back where you can see them without having to click here and there...GREAT big thumbs up.
I am still not 100% thrilled with the changes but its starting to grow on me, my biggest turn off was the slowness the first day. I am slowly making my away around BUT its still not as user friendly as it was before with finding posts you want to read, forums etc.
I'm sure you'll continue to make changes and I'll start to get more use to things.
- 1OK, I'm checking back in again. My only complaint now is this horrid pale blue. I'm very pleased to see that you've placed personal info, including post count and thanks count, back by each persons name. I've adapted to going to subscribed threads list instead of user CP, so I can still navigate.
I have to hand it to you guys, you hauled a$$ and made many positive changes to address user concerns. My main complaints have been addressed. I still hate the washed out color sceme, and I hate pale blue. I loved the previous yellow and all the vivid colors from before.
- 2I would like to have 'location' back by my name too. A lot of people chose, like me, to have mythical locations in lieu of their real one. Part of the fun of posting here is expressing your creativity and personality. For me that's a big reason why I enjoy this place. I'm a creative person and I enjoy expressing my creativity here. That's why I love to start threads. This site helps fulfill this strong personal need.
- 1Dec 22, '08 by Babs0512Okay, I'm giving in a bit too. I like the personal info readily visible, like being able to see the "thanks" at the bottom, I especially like the "remove" thanks - as I've accidentally thanked posts in the past.
I've learned my way around, and while I still prefer the "old" site - I can make this site work and will probably learn to like it - however - the colors are too harsh on my old eyes. Seriously, my eyes start to tear within 10 min or so of being on the site. Too much white, even the blue is "nearly white". That would be my biggest complaint at this point, is the colors. My eyes are tearing and I'm not even done with this post!!
Thanks for busting humps and making some of the suggested changes. It's appreciated.
- 2Dec 22, '08 by Pixie.RN, BSN, RN, EMT-P Senior ModeratorQuote from FireStarterRNI didn't like the yellow at all! I liked the old blue option. But what I think would REALLY rock would be the option to select colors, as was implemented on the old BB. But that's a cosmetic change that I'm sure can be implemented down the road, after bugs are worked out.I still hate the washed out color sceme, and I hate pale blue. I loved the previous yellow and all the vivid colors from before.