We've made a ton of changes and are continuing to do so - page 3
by brian Admin
First, I want to thank all of our members who have voiced your opinions and shared your feedback, it is invaluable. I will closed the original feedback thread, as a ton of the feedback and comments are based on things we... Read More
- 3Dec 22, '08 by jnette GuideI prefer the pale blue.. I'm sure everyone has their color preference... perhaps we can have some choices in the future. While I presonally like the pale blue posts, all the white next to it is hard on the eyes.. hoping we can replace the white with a softer shade which is not so glaring.. but to me that is still not a priority at this point. I'm grateful for what chnges have already been made !
- 0Dec 22, '08 by I_<3_ICU_RNHere's another one...this may just be me, but when you are looking at an individual thread, where are the thread options? Such as "subscribe to this thread"? or "search this thread"? Is the only way to subscribe to a thread now to post in it? If someone can tell me where to look or if they exist anymore, that would be great!
- 4Dec 22, '08 by sirI AdminQuote from cinqlySubscribe to thread has now been changed to: Keep Me Updated - found on the first post of each thread to the right of user ID name.Here's another one...this may just be me, but when you are looking at an individual thread, where are the thread options? Such as "subscribe to this thread"? or "search this thread"? Is the only way to subscribe to a thread now to post in it? If someone can tell me where to look or if they exist anymore, that would be great!
To do a forum search of common threads, click on: Search This Section - found to the right of "New Thread" icon of each forum.
Here is a link that will help you find other new changes/replacements:
What happened to.... How do I find?
- 0Dec 22, '08 by ZASHAGALKAFix the search results pages so that they look like they used to look. I can deal with most other things, but the results page for say, the last 24 hrs (how I normally search the site) is confusing and doesn't look or feel the same. THIS is where/how you are going to lose most of your traffic. Make it look much closer to the way it used to look.
- 1Dec 22, '08 by TweetyTimothy, what about it is confusing to you if you don't mind me asking. I use the Last 24 hours search as how I use the forum as well, always have and love this function. It might "look different" but it's doing the job and I am not understanding what you're saying.
- 2Dec 22, '08 by SuesquatchRNQuote from TweetyWell, I find the links to nursing news et al along to right to be very distracting. Maybe that's a piece of it.Timothy, what about it is confusing to you if you don't mind me asking. I use the Last 24 hours search as how I use the forum as well, always have and love this function. It might "look different" but it's doing the job and I am not understanding what you're saying.
- 1Dec 22, '08 by RNDreamercan it be at the top of every page, like it was in the old version? I like to read through a thread before deciding whether or not to subscribe to it. It would be nice to scroll to the top of page 5 to subscribe, instead of having to go back to page 1.
- 0Dec 22, '08 by pagandeva2000As you may notice, Brian (until I change my avatar again), I HAD to show somewhere that I am a Guide. I did receive your response to me that you will take my suggestions into consideration, so, allow me to thank you for that.
I also want to express (again), how important I think this is to many. I strongly believe that the members are PROUD to be here! And, many (myself included), probably wanted to upgrade to be able to see their name in banners, so to speak. I remember when I upgraded from free to Premium and I was so thrilled to see my name in Green, to be able to place an avatar that represented me. sirI gave me my first avatar, and I would not change it for a long, long time, because I felt so honored that someone gave me an avatar! This is what made me upgrade again to Platinum, and then, when I was given the status of a Guide, I was boiled over in happiness!
It is nice to be able to see who is who by label. You automatically knew who was a staff member, moderator, etc...and while I can certainly say that it is of most importance to me, I strongly believe that this is important to many. All of these things made things more personalized in our community. It seems to be so insignificant to me to have a small ribbon that someone has to take the time to click on it to see what it means, and most will not waste their time doing so if they are not familiar with the previous format. It gives a sense of pride, accomplishment and allows personalization. I spent a great deal of time trying to find avatars to match the colors of my bar; so to speak, and the avatar is an expression of ourselves. Of course, you see that I need this back...all of it. From what I see, each of the people who upgraded do the best that they can to represent this community because it belongs to US.
As I said previously, it wouldn't make me change how I participate, but I do think that some of the personalization and identification is sadly missing. Bottom line is that I applaud how much you are trying to bring us into the 22nd century!