We've made a ton of changes and are continuing to do so - Page 12Register Today!
- Dec 29, '08 by kytheI agree that this forum has improved much since the initial change. Thanks a lot to those who have worked hard to make this place user-friendly!
However, I still do not like the basic design. Everything is still in columns, with about 2/3rds of the page as text and 1/3 as either busy stuff on the side or just plain white space as you scroll down. I come here to read messages, so I tend to think they should take up the whole page once you click on a thread. The posts still look like separate bubbles with a lot of unused white space between. I don't know if it can be changed with the software, but other forums I have posted on do not look like that. This site is far more useable than it was a week ago, but it still somehow looks more spammy than professional to me.
- Dec 30, '08 by MulticollinearityI think I've found a glitch. When I click on another page of someone's friends list on their "my page" screen, it automatically takes me to the very bottom of the screen without the friends in view, on the next page of friends. I have to scroll back up.
Otherwise, looking good!Last edit by Multicollinearity on Dec 30, '08
- Dec 30, '08 by 3rdcareerRNAlthough I do not care for the new design, and will spend less time here as a result, I am more concerned about the News forum content. Now that "Nursing News" posts so many non-nursing or extremely geographically-localized topics EVERY DAY, that forum has become worthless to me.
Just for example, there is the cactus article (http://allnurses.com/nursing-news/st...es-358066.html) -- how does the growth cycle of cactus in Ecuador help me as a nurse? How about the one on pet stool samples' analytic value to a vet? :uhoh21: I know I can just browse past them...but before the Dec2008 change, this forum provided value without me wasting so much time. I'll now just skim the general forum here and go straight to WebMD for any news.
Thanks for letting me blow off steam here.
- Dec 30, '08 by Joe V
- Dec 30, '08 by brianQuote from ZASHAGALKATim, thanks for the tip. This link has now been added. Also, please be patient, just because we don't comment on each suggestion, does not mean we are not reading them. We are reading every comment here, it's just not plausible to respond to every one. Thanks again!No comment about not being able to search the last 24 hrs if you aren't a logged-in member?
I'm trying to be constructive. . .
This almost seems by design because now the "last 24 hr" link is on a line that doesn't appear until you sign in. Can I ask why? I think this makes the site much more difficult to navigate for new people that aren't yet members.
(Not to mention, more difficult for me to peek in at work where it's not good work netiquette to log in. I can't be the only member that doesn't log in at work - yet still peeks to see what they're missing . . .)
Here is a screenshot of where it is when not logged in:
- Dec 31, '08 by NRSKarenRNAgree with you 100% re nursing news and being addressed by Admin Team.
Brian has participated with news service: YellowBrix, Inc. and been in contact with them re filtering content for our nursing site. Till news section is fully meeting our nursing needs, please use report icon to flag content for removal from section.
- Dec 31, '08 by NRSKarenRNRemember too still Holiday Season and Admin/Mod team participating in celebrations!
Will check back with posters in 2009!