so.... what do you think? First impressions?
- 4Dec 20, '08 by brian, ADN Adminplease note: this thread has been closed, as much of what has been discussed has been addressed. to help expedite more changes and improvements, please use the following thread:
we've made a ton of changes and are continuing to do so
we are officially open for business, the upgrade took a little longer than planned, we pulled an all-nighter
i will be making a brief video and will take some screenshots etc... of the different areas to check out. meanwhile, please tell us what you think? thanks
quick video tutorial on redesignLast edit by brian on Dec 22, '08 : Reason: closed thread notice
- 1Dec 20, '08 by sirI, MSN, APRN, NP AdminQuote from brianWe are officially open for business, the upgrade took a little longer than planned, we pulled an all-nighter
I will be making a brief video and will take some screenshots etc... of the different areas to check out. Meanwhile, please tell us what you think? Thanks
And, it's looking might good, too, brian.
I've been up for hours awaiting the birth of the new AN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 4Dec 20, '08 by CT Pixie, ASN, RNWell, this is my first post on the new site. Yay me!
First impression was...what the I totally forgot about the upgrade. I like it, but it will take some getting use to. I tend to be a creature of habit, so any big changes are hard for me but I do get use to them. Not long ago I was all in a tizzy about the change made to the colors you could chose for the background etc, but I got use to it and don't even remember what it was like before the change. I'm figuring out where things are on this one. Like a little scenic tour, and I am having fun.
Quick question, by everyones name they have little icon things, I can see that some say platinum member, 5000+ posts, etc, but what are the blank squre boxes next to my name and some others?
So, no little icon thingy for us premium members? No fair! heehee. (ETA, There it is, I have an icon thing for premium membership, wasn't there when I first started playing around..my bad)
- 10Dec 20, '08 by queenjeanMaybe I haven't figured everything out yet, like i can change certain settings?
My initial impression is that there aren't as many posts per page. So I have to keep clicking on the next page to see what is there. There is also too much on the right hand side of the page. If I'm looking at the forum, I don't need to see these lists of other articles and posts off to the side.
This seems very difficult for me to read. The font is too big, too few posts per page, the stickies take up half the posts each page. I'm not sure this is going to work for me.
- 4Dec 20, '08 by mixyRNThis is going to take some getting used to. I am a creature of habit and I am resistant to change at times! Though it looks lovely I miss the old format. I liked to change my color scheme to blue which is softer on my eyes and I can't do that now. The font is way to big for my eyes and I can't scan the screen with my eyes to see a whole page of postings like I am used to. Instead I have to scroll down. I find myself backing my head as far away from the screen as possible bc my eyes want to go cross-eyed looking at the big font! LOL
I am sure I will get used to the new format with all its bells and whistles, and I know it was a lot of work to get this up and running. I don't mean to sound negative about the change but I honestly do miss the old format!!
- 10Dec 20, '08 by RN4MERCYWell, I'm sensitive to the fact that someone took some time and is proud of their work. However, my "first impression" is one of a sense of loss, or maybe "lost." We're in the process of transitioning from paper charting to an EPIC charting system at my hospital and I still have pretty raw feelings. I miss my "old friend." If I had the option to choose right now, I would click on a link and jump to "allnurses classic" format.
- 5Dec 20, '08 by hypocaffeinemiaI will be honest:
I don't particularly care for it. I personally don't think changing the stylesheets of the forum software to make the forum part of the site appear "2.0" works well. Forums, in general don't flow well with big <h1> sizes for thread titles and lots of white space.
The homepage design looks nice and the "2.0" concept works well when applied to areas like blogs, but turning forum discussions into what looks like blog comments just doesn't do it for me. I feel like I'm on some scary giant twitter clone or something.
My three cents.
- 10Dec 20, '08 by RedhairedNurseI personally don't like it. Doesn't seem as clear cut and user friendly as the other format.
I see tabs at the top of the page but no info on the tabs. Much harder to find things.
Tell me why did you want to fix something that wasn't broke? If it's not broke, don't fix it! Seriosly, this format stinks.