so.... what do you think? First impressions? - page 41
by brian 37,479 Views | 411 Comments Admin
please note: this thread has been closed, as much of what has been discussed has been addressed. to help expedite more changes and improvements, please use the following thread: we've made a ton of changes and are continuing... Read More
- 1Dec 22, '08 by FireStarterRNchecked in with this thread again, no urge to look at much else here, hate the colors, layout, no urge to participate. My daughter was pleased to see me not hop on the computer yesterday. I told her that they changed the site and I just don't feel like it. So, all's well. This is a blessing in disguise.
- 1Dec 22, '08 by shelly304I go to several other medical forums. But when I have time to spend on the internet I choose this site because it "is-was" so user friendly; the others I participate in are not. Now this site is the same as the others I participate in.
I realize the "powers that be" are trying to keep up with the times and modernize this site. But, we the MEMBERS are the ones who MADE this site what it is today. The site is a result of it's members, and the participation we bring here. At least give us the option to run on either site until the problems are worked out.
- 0Dec 22, '08 by Spidey's mom GuideFirst thing I did this morning, as usual, is make coffee and check my yahoo acct and then allnurses.
My subscribed threads are here. I can access any thread I want with the forum jump, as usual. And the colors are the same for me as I always chose yellow. The blue is a very soft blue.
I dunno . . . .. guess I'm in peacemaker mode. :redpinkhe
- 0Dec 22, '08 by shelly304Quote from shelly304why are new posts not showing up in statistics? i am trying to access posts made in the last 48 hours on this thread. is this thread not being "saved"?
just reported this issue seen with new posts.... try using last 24hrs till fixed. nrskarenrn
also, when i try to view certain pages i am still getting an air message that says "internet explorer page has expired...."
trying to access posts i made dec 21 and they are not in my "statistics posts". they do not show up in the last 24hours. thanks for responding so fast!
- 0Dec 22, '08 by NRSKarenRN Adminwebsite update due in part to prior version of vbulletin not being supported since newer release came out. some of prior board features were hack items that brian's installed over the years and now intergrated into new design or items that slowed bb down due to memory hog.
it team will continue to tweek our settings to make it similar to previous style while allowing for growth. for example, new feature of visitors message box http://screencast.com/t/zzpim6ujtcu able to jot notes you want others to see.
- 1Dec 22, '08 by DA314I use to spend all day at work reading these boards, gaining knowledge about what life will be like in nursing school and real world nursing. I don't think I'll be spending so much time on here anymore, seeing as it is very user UN-friendly!
Oh well, a least i'll get some work done....
- 0Dec 22, '08 by MB37I'm sure I'll get used to it...but I agree with those who think it's too big and bubbly. I've never been interested in avatars or smileys, and I don't think the Thanks function brought much to AN, so that touchy feely stuff doesn't do anything for me. I prefer sites that don't limit me to 10 posts (to view) per page. Also, even though I saw that you can click on a poster's name to show their background, I liked it better when you just knew and didn't have to investigate everyone. I actually don't mind the blue though!
- 1Dec 22, '08 by Spidey's mom GuideQuote from MB37I'm sure I'll get used to it...but I agree with those who think it's too big and bubbly. I've never been interested in avatars or smileys, and I don't think the Thanks function brought much to AN, so that touchy feely stuff doesn't do anything for me. I prefer sites that don't limit me to 10 posts (to view) per page. Also, even though I saw that you can click on a poster's name to show their background, I liked it better when you just knew and didn't have to investigate everyone. I actually don't mind the blue though!
Hey, the size of the letters just changed! They are listening . . . .
I like the blue too.