new logo - allnurses - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 29, '08 by MulticollinearityQuote from tnbutterfly:yeahthat:I like that you dropped the dot com and I like the new tag line, but I liked the yellow halo. It just seemed to give it a little more of a punch and made it more recognizable as a distinctive logo.
I think the previous logo was distinctive and had a branding effect. The new logo is too generic and lacking in distinction. I don't think it's memorable.
Also, my marketing background taught me that yellow is one of the most effective colors regarding branding and memorability. Yellow 'burns' into consumers' minds more effectively. (Unless you are selling pharmaceuticals...then it's purple. Red for restaurants, etc.)
Here's an interesting article from Entrepreneur magazine:
http://www.entrepreneur.com/marketin...cle175428.htmlLast edit by Multicollinearity on Mar 29, '08 : Reason: article link
- Mar 29, '08 by MulticollinearityI took a visual media art class, and I'm just thinking out loud. We had to learn to analyze visual media, break down the components, and learn what the effect is on the viewer.
The old logo used perspective and foreshortening with the logo larger and closer at the bottom than the top. This has the effect of catching attention, and drawing the viewer's eyes in. Here's a link about foreshortening and perspective:
The yellow/gold circle has all the psychological impact of yellow/gold, plus the circle draws the viewer's eyes from the bottom, around clockwise, and to the top back. Combined with the print appearing closer/bigger at the bottom, this draws the viewer into the logo, and by default into the website.
In contrast, the new logo doesn't have a focal point, and it's plain, so it doesn't draw the viewer's eyes in.
Maybe an art major will come along and say if I'm on track or not?
- Apr 2, '08 by bassandteaI prefer the old one to the .com in yellow and liked the new logo mark 1 the best, but maybe thatīs because I really donīt like that particular shade of yellow/gold.
- Apr 2, '08 by Devil_DuckieWOW, the new new one is bright! I liked the newer (all black) one...but if it was a choice between this one and the "old" one (with the yellow swoop), I'd take the old one. The .com in that bright yellow is a little too harsh.
- Apr 5, '08 by joannepAlthough I liked the old one, the new improved one is starting to come together for me.
- Apr 5, '08 by pinaypoweri like it alot. but don't remember how the old one looked like...can you post it again so i can compare better/ tnx