Member Suggestions Wanted for Article contest - page 4
by brian Admin | 13,921 Views | 54 Comments
We've had several great article contest (see previous winners), and for our next contest, I'd love to hear from you to see what nursing theme(s) you would like to see. Here are previous themes we've done already: Critical... Read More
- 1Jul 29, '08 by oncnursemsnThis has been mentioned before- but why are you in the specialty you're in? What keep you there coming back shift after shift? Being in oncology nearly 26 years, I'm biased and think this is a very special population. Kind of goes with the "write about a patient or family and situation that impacted/changed/moved/motivated you."
Thanks Brian- I'm including "All Nurses" on the syllabus this year for my med surg students in the fall.
- 0Aug 1, '08 by twistedpupchaserI like a lot of the ideas presented here, they are relevent and educational. I have a great deal of sympathy for those of you who have to try and decide.
As for the previous Articles, I have learnt and felt so much from the ones I have read. The simple imagery with such powerfull messages has taught me more than University ever could, I thank everyone for sharing in this way.
- 0Aug 2, '08 by stumpy1How about ways to deal with anger/bad behavior of a.) patients b.) nurses c.) family members d.) physicians e.) management f.) ancillary staff
As a new graduate, I was amazed at the way any of the above responded to me in anger. I was not prepared to deal with any of them and reacted by being hurt, wounded. It took years to gain enough experience/confidence to effectively cope.
Most of us do not expect to encounter "bad behavior" in stressful situations. It can provide stress that prevents us from wanting to return to work. How do we react in situations to prevent "enabling" the behavior to continue? We could share our experiences of EFFECTIVELY defusing situations and learn from each other.
- 0Aug 8, '08 by brian, ADN AdminThanks for all the suggestions. Please keep this thread going as we will use it for future article contest.
As someone already mentioned, some of the ideas posted here would make better threads or polls, than Article Contest Themes.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Again, please keep the ideas coming!
- 2Aug 17, '08 by smiles04Please lets do a article on post traumatic stress. what it is and support groups and how it affects family and spouses and how we can offer support as nurses. This thing is huge the more I learn the more interesting it becomes it is a family breaker and is so sad for our military people who get out and have to deal after combat or injury. we all need to know more about it for our jobs and our friends and our lives.