discuss: some changes are expectedRegister Today!
- by brian Mar 7, '07Please discuss this announcement in this thread.
I just wanted to let you all know that we are working with a web developer on improving the performance and design of the forums. Meanwhile, some of the features and options may be disabled in an attempt to improve stability and performance.
Some of the changes that you might notice are:
a. Count down missing
b. Forum jump --- huge load on server with 200 forums listed
c. Currently Active Users" on forum index page
When all is said and done, we all will have a much more robust forum experience, better design, better performance etc...
This whole project may take 6-12 months, as new things come up, we'll keep you posted.
Thanks for your understanding.
- Mar 7, '07 by muffiehow can you improve perfection ?
- Mar 12, '07 by koatihi! gould that be a reason why i can't reply to some messages i would like to?
all the best for forum which will be better than perfect!
- Mar 13, '07 by muffielove the large printing at the top of home page, much easier to read
- Mar 19, '07 by tvccrnI don't like the outline of the page I come to when I enter in allnurses.com.
The news stories are on the top and the supposed latest thtreads on the bottom. First off, I can't believe that the same 10 threads asre the "latest" threads since Friday. You can't tell me that there haven't been threads posted since. February 27. One of the "latest" threads hasn't been posted in since that date. Another since Feb. 28 and another since March 3. This doesn't fit any definition of "latest" that I am aware of. Unless of course, no one has posted at all on the board since then.
And when the two areas were side by side it was much easier to navigate. This new look is such a pain that I am considering just not coming here anymore, if it's going to be this hard to get to the latest posts.
tvccrnLast edit by tvccrn on Mar 19, '07
- Mar 19, '07 by brianThe new design of the homepage is by no means the final way it will look. Please be patient while we are making changes and tweaking it.
This is a work in progress and there will be several changes over the next few months.
- Mar 20, '07 by tvccrnI like that much better!!:spin:
- Mar 20, '07 by Grace OzThe only thing I don't like about allnurses is; you're all "up/over" there, and I'm "Down here!" *sniff sniff*
Now, if only we could adjust the timezone difference problem!!!!!!! .......