Discuss: Scheduled Downtime - Friday @ Midnight ESTRegister Today!
- by brian Mar 22, '07Please discuss this announcement in this thread:
Good News and Bad News
The Good News is we are getting 4 new servers to help optimize the performance and improve your experience at allnurses.com
The Bad News is that we will need to bring down the website for several hours during the process.
We will be bringing down the server at Friday 11:59 PM EST. As soon as this process is complete, your favorite nursing site will be back up and running faster than ever
Thanks for your understanding.
- Mar 22, '07 by donsterRNThanks for letting us know!
- Mar 22, '07 by muffiethanks
- Mar 22, '07 by CHATSDALEi will try to survive the 'dry' period
- Mar 22, '07 by PraiserThanks Brian for all of your hard work for us. You ROCK !
- Mar 22, '07 by CritterLoverany idea how long the server will be down?
are we talking about several hours during the night......or a couple of days?
- Mar 22, '07 by NRSKarenRNWow FOUR servers to run the board now....remember when it was 1 computer.....boy have we grown.
Based on previous experince with server moves, My crystal ball expects us up and running around 8AM EST Saturrday morning.
Work wanted to upgrade agency server at SEVEN PM this past Tuesday.....my staff work till 9:30M most days. Told em not a good time and ....gasp.... they listened after IT sent my email to them. Couldn't tolerate 2 disruptions in one week. LOL
- Mar 22, '07 by prmenrsAre there going to be drugs available to help us deal w/withdrawl symptoms??
- Mar 23, '07 by tnbutterflyWe who are happliy addicted to allnurses.com won't be so happy without our "fix". We might all have to flood the site with activity tomorrow in order to increase our allnurses dosage enough to get us through the down time without too many withdrawal symptoms.
- Mar 23, '07 by bethinHeadline: "Woman Hospitalized After Allnurses.com is Made Temporarily Unavailable"