Discuss: Premium Membership and recent changes to the forums - Page 8Register Today!
- Dec 8, '04 by chris_at_lucas_RNQuote from Marie_LPNI don't think we know that. I don't think until and unless they are either asked, or the arcades go away suddenly and we see what the response is, if any.If you get rid of the arcades, it's going to bother the people that go there.
- Dec 8, '04 by dphrnQuote from Marie_LPNWell said Marie. The way I look at it, take it or leave it. It is Brian's site to do with as he likes. Either pay the twenty four dollars or don't. If the areas in this site that will not be available to you mean that much to you, then maybe you need to pay the money to become a premium member. It will be money well spent! If not, don't.If you get rid of the arcades, it's going to bother the people that go there.
I had my own website for 3 years. Ads did NOT completely cover the cost of it, and it wasn't even REMOTELY as big as this one, so i can't imagine how much this one costs, knowing how much my own personal one was, THREE years ago.
This will be my last post on this thread, and this will be my last statment on it, because it's just a simple issue for me: I'm not the one that spends my free time redesigning things, dealing with the bandwidth, paying for the software, the domain, working on all of this for free, dealing with out-of-line posts/threads, etc., etc., and most of all i don't own this site, and i made the decision to pay to be here, and if i didn't like something about it, i won't put up an arguement about it unless any of the above applied to me or my membership.
Have a nice day.
- Dec 8, '04 by NursesRmofunJust going to post my opinion here and now. Everyone has an opinion you know.
Thanks for the info, Brian.
My stance is that I read and post mostly to the break room....and nearly everyday. My fav threads are the word game threads lately. Therefore, **I do not want to lose the word game threads.** They are entertaining for myself and others. I would rather pay for my membership (and I will) then lose the games. Please let me know if you have any intention of disallowing the games, because then I would not purchase the membership. Thank you! (copying this to Brian's IM box.)
- Dec 8, '04 by brianNo, we are not going to remove the word games. I'm glad you enjoy them, I enjoy reading them too. I appreciate your support. (I just replied to your PM also )
Quote from NursesRmofunJust going to post my opinion here and now. Everyone has an opinion you know.
Thanks for the info, Brian.
My stance is that I read and post mostly to the break room....and nearly everyday. My fav threads are the word game threads lately. Therefore, **I do not want to lose the word game threads.** They are entertaining for myself and others. I would rather pay for my membership (and I will) then lose the games. Please let me know if you have any intention of disallowing the games, because then I would not purchase the membership. Thank you! (copying this to Brian's IM box.)Last edit by brian on Dec 8, '04
- Dec 8, '04 by NursesRmofun
- Dec 9, '04 by valkThis site has 50730 registered members. If 30% (15,219) become premium members at $24 per year you receive $365,256 per year. That is over $1,000 per day!
- Dec 9, '04 by weetziebat
Quote from valkvalk, thank you very much for taking the time to calculate that. it's really quite a bit of money, isn't it? hmmm.............................................. ....this site has 50730 registered members. if 30% (15,219) become premium members at $24 per year you receive $365,256 per year. that is over $1,000 per day!
- Dec 9, '04 by NRSKarenRNChecking this months bb stats:
52% have never posted a thread
12% of active members visited in past month
so I suspect the premimum members income quoted above is not happening anytime soon...but one can dream about it!
- Dec 10, '04 by Liddle NoodnikHi Brian I totally understand and thank you for all you have put into the site!
I think it would be easier to understand if you could say what the free membership INCLUDES, could you do that, and PM me as well as I may not be back on this thread?
Thanks a lot Brian and God bless you!
- Dec 10, '04 by weetziebatWell, since we are all together discussing this issue, I'd like to tell the reason I, personally, became upset.
One day, on one of the break room threads, someone mentioned they were disappointed in the Premium Membership. Another poster agreed. Then the very next day, I went to post in the break room, and discovered I'd been banned. It appeared to me to be done in the spur of the moment, in response to the comment.
I was well aware of Premium Membership but since I am planning to move overseas next month, and don't know how long it will be until I have computer access again, thought I would wait till then to become a Premium member.
I am not arguing the cost to operate this site as I have no idea about all that. Since discovering allnurses I have fallen in love with it. Such a great opportunity to get together with other folks you have so much in common with. I've learned so much (even after 30 years in nursing) and have made so many great friends here.
For me, it is not about the money, although I do feel bad for some - for example, the Filippina nurses to whom $24. a year is an outrageous sum of money to pay for this. The Break Room in particular provides such camaraderie, which I don't see could be possible in nursing threads. My objection was the way it was handled. Yes, Brian, you did say that you realized we should have been given notice - and I do appreciate anyone who admits to being in the wrong. And it is your site. And, yes, you have opened the Break Room and Current Events until after New Years.
Perhaps what it boils down to for me is I wish you had just posted a thread about the issue - this is the problem, this is why its a problem, and this is what I feel is best to do about it. And then opened it up for discussion. O.K. so its your site and in your judgment this is what needs to be done in order for the site to continue. Perhaps we could have discussed possible alternatives. Not saying it would have changed anything, but think it would have given folks a feeling that you care about what members think.
Perhaps you really don't care if some members choose to leave because of this, but it sures seems like a such a shame to have all this turmoil and disagreement. I don't know what I expect you to do about it now, but just wanted to let you know another posters view of it.