Discuss: Platinum Membership - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 24, '07 by kwagner_51Brian Dear,
Are there supposed to be ads ABOVE the threads? Also, could you move the quick reply box ABOVE the 'what everyone else is talking about links?
- Sep 25, '07 by brianHi kwagner_51,
As a premium member you see ads, only Platinum Members have the "ad-free" version.
If you are refering to the similar threads above the quick reply, you have the options to collapse them, so you dont see them. see attachment
- Sep 26, '07 by kwagner_51Thanks Brian!! I didn't know I could collapse them!!
I realize that the the ads are going to be on the Left side of the screen, but are they supposed to be just below the title of the threads. This one has:
Discuss: Platinum Membership
RN to BSN Online
Current RN's Apply for Our Fast Track RN to BSN Program Today www.Chamberlain.edu
There is also one just below my sign in name and above the tabs.
- Sep 26, '07 by DutchgirlRNI became a Platinum member because I want to support all nurses. I know it's expensive to keep it going and for all the enjoyment and "therapy" I feel that's the least I can do. I love the benefit of no ads. BTW: I never did receive my 10 free allnurses.com pens?!
- Oct 3, '07 by teeituptomQuote from canoeheadThat is all just so cuteBrian, honey, I love you but...the ads were added on with the last redo of the website, as was the left sidebar. So now after adding things that were irritating you are offering me the opportunity to pay to have them removed again? Nope, not gonna shell out for something that transparent. (Have you taken the same administrative courses as my hospital CEO?)
I WOULD however pay to be able to ignore threads or forums, or to have access to a adult rated (as opposed to PG-13) forum. Oh, and if I send you $60 do I get any pens in the bargain? You know nurses love pens!
I will remain a supporter of you and allnurses, but the platinum member status- well as it stands, it stinks. Back to the drawing board and I won't hold this one against you.
- Oct 3, '07 by teeituptomQuote from brianthat comes to 6 dollars a penThanks for all your feedback. Just to clarify, we've always had a sidebar with ads, it used to be on the right hand side, a month or so ago, we moved it to the leftside.
I'm sorry the whole timing of the platinum option seems like extortion, that is the farthest thing from my intention. I have actually resisted the "No Ads option for a long time", despite many suggestions by members. Just a few months ago, we decided to offer it with the launch of the redesign. So we added the option and failed to execute the option properly, sorry.
No, I have not taken the same administrative courses as my hospital CEO? . I am the kind of person that tries things out, if they don't work, I change, I am quite flexible, I'm not afraid to make decisions and admit I was wrong etc... etc...
The premium members never had ads at the bottom of the threads, and I intended to keep it that way, if you are seeing ads at the bottom of the threads, that was not intentional and I will look into that :imbar. There were literally thousands of settings and changes we made with the redesign, we've tested as many things as we could think of and that must have been missed or overlooked. I'll take care of that right now.
I will double check the premium member features to make sure all the perks were the same and no more ads were dumped in your lap to make you feel you were duped
As for pens...
I heard ya, I will send all platinum users 10 free allnurses.com pens! And I also have plans to offer premium and platinum members special offers down the road as well.
I really do appreciate all your honest opinions! I have always run the site by asking your opinions and it helps guide the changes we implement (including the no ads option).
- Oct 4, '07 by NRSKarenRNOne pen write all my homecare referrals over 3 month period at work...that's a great deal.
My colleagues love the allnurses pens I give em....perk of being a moderator
....son also borrows them
Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Oct 4, '07
- Oct 4, '07 by txspadequeenRNyeah, i didn't get my pens either.....hummmmmm
- Jan 15, '08 by brianFYI: I just fixed the vidoe in the original post.