Discuss: New Warning System - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 2, '05 by mercyteapotOh well, then, never mind.Last edit by mercyteapot on Jun 2, '05
- Jun 2, '05 by z's playaQuote from joyful nurseI was just wondering what a "waring" was.
It was supposed to say Warning
- Jun 2, '05 by brianQuote from z's playaSorry, I fixed my typo :imbar Thanks for the clarification ZIt was supposed to say Warning
- Jun 2, '05 by soontobe_RNHello, all! I am a nursing student with 2 young sons, so, I don't have very much extra money to spend on things like premium membership. I know it really doesn't seem like much $, but I have to make sure my children have full bellys first. I am, however, going to become a premium member as soon as I can. I enjoy this site very much!!
When I read the begining of the thread I was concerned about the public warning system. As I read the rest of the thread, I saw that Brian and the rest of the staff listened to the feedback and changed the warning system.
The more I stick around Allnurses.com, the more I am impressed. It is nice to know you are respected and listened to. As far as the rest of the warning system goes, I agree with it. I have been to many different forums on many different websites and from my experiance, if there is not some type of system for making sure people follow by the TOS, then the forums go down hill. I like coming here b/c I know that I will not have to deal with foul language or distasteful topics. Once I am able to become a premium member, I will feel comfortable knowing that it was money well spent.
- Jun 6, '05 by PicklesRNAdmin Note: Post removed, user PM'd.Last edit by brian on Jun 6, '05
- Jun 10, '05 by teeituptomIs there anyway we have of knowing how many points we have accumulated. when I get traffic tickets I know how many points I have and how long before they go away also.
- Jun 10, '05 by Roy FokkerI got warned :chuckle Didn't realise that system untill I got a message.
For a second I was thinking WTFO? But I realised why - auto-censor. Didn't know it till then.
Hey cool - atleast I know for what I'll get "ticketed" and for how much.
And being a MOD at a teen-help website, I understand the need I suppose. having 75,000 members to watch over is mind-boggling :uhoh21:
- Jun 13, '05 by bellcollectorBelieve me I learned the hard way it is MUCH easier for newcomers to open up and participate when they know they won't get chewed up and spit out. At least that is how I feel. You may think you want to be free and uncensored, I did for a time, but once I got to an uncensored site I was sadly mistaken. In my experience anyway the people at the uncensored site actually enjoy chewing you up and spitting you out. I realize I am not a premium member here but believe me I would be if I could. I 100% agree with this warning system especially since it is no longer public.
- Jun 18, '05 by ktwlpnImagine my surprise-I used a pretty tame four letter word in a PM and got an automatic warning.,...(you know the thing they build across the river to stop the water and make a pond? That word..... :chuckle I was peeved....but I'll get over it...or I'll leave.....we all have the same 2 choices......
- Jun 18, '05 by z's playaQuote from ktwlpnI'm sorry but to censor that word is just ridiculous IMHO.Imagine my surprise-I used a pretty tame four letter word in a PM and got an automatic warning.,...(you know the thing they build across the river to stop the water and make a pond? That word..... :chuckle I was peeved....but I'll get over it...or I'll leave.....we all have the same 2 choices......