Is it just me or is Allnurses slowing down?Register Today!
- by trutuyu Mar 14, '12It seems that other than the general section where there is always a couple of new post that this site has seen less traffic lately. Is it just that time of the year? or is there less traffic?
- Mar 14, '12 by Perpetual StudentIt doesn't seem significantly slower to me, at least in the sections I follow. It's always been slower than some other boards I visit.
I agree that it seems there's more and more redundant threads lately. I guess the search function is a mystery to some.
- I think they finally split off allnurses.com from The Break Room and so it seems like there is less traffic.
When the new format happened, all posts from both sides showed up and that really bugged people and they wanted it split. Admins said that was coming in the future.
I've noticed since yesterday that the two sides are split.
To me, it seems like the new format has melded into my memory of the old format and I don't seem to miss anything.
- I don't remember using that feature.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean though - if you want to read a thread that you liked, isn't it in your bookmarks?
Even if it hasn't any new posts it stays in my bookmarks until I delete it.
- Mar 14, '12 by caliotter3Quote from tntrnI agree with this. Just because I have posted in a thread, does not mean that I no longer want to see it again until someone else decides to post in the same thread. The 24 hour function was the way I used the site. Every time I post in a thread and it disappears, I notice it. Annoying.I miss the Last 24 Hours feature. Mthey say it's gone forever. But I often would go back to read a current thread even after I'd read the last post. Now you can find a current thread after you've read the last post until there's a new post. Most annoying.
- Mar 14, '12 by caliotter3Quote from Spidey's momThe 24 hour function brought up a thread again, even if you just posted in it. With the current function, once you post in a thread, it disappears from the queue until someone else posts in it. Not convenient if you want to return to the thread.I don't remember using that feature.
Doesn't "What's New" do the same thing?
- Quote from caliotter3Ah . .. you got me before I deleted.The 24 hour function brought up a thread again, even if you just posted in it. With the current function, once you post in a thread, it disappears from the queue until someone else posts in it. Not convenient if you want to return to the thread.
But still, isn't that thread in your bookmarks whether or not someone posted?