Cannot quote a postRegister Today!
- by tntrn Jan 24, '12I still cannot quote a post and then reply to it, when I am on my PC desktop. Is there any progress being made on this problem? Thank you.
- Jan 24, '12 by Joe VI need more information.
Why can't you quote? Are you getting an error message?
Have you cleared your cache?
Have you tried another browser? (this will help determine if it's a local problem)
- Jan 26, '12 by tntrnIn answer to your question, I just changed from google to yahoo today and the same problems exist on my desktop pc and my laptop pc. My iPad is brand new. Before the big change I had no problems.
- Jan 29, '12 by sirITry changing to Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Jan 29, '12 by caliotter3When this happens to me, I cancel the reply screen and then go back and do it again. The second or third time, it will "take".
- Quote from caliotter3When this happens to me, I cancel the reply screen and then go back and do it again. The second or third time, it will "take".
There's just no pattern to it at all. This is a copy and paste, I think....but then I don't know. I can quote a post, it will come up on a reply screen, but then I cannot write my own response to it.. I am on my Desktop right now. I can do this part with no problem from my iPad, but I hope there will be a fix that means it won't even be something we have to think about soon. I'll see if this goes anywhere here in a minute, when I hit Submit Reply.
- What I really meant to say was that there's no real good reason for you or anybody to have to try it two or three times before it "takes" or to have to refer to a note card as to how it works on various kinds of computers. I know there must be lots of bugs to fix on this, and I hope this one is still on the list.
- Jan 30, '12 by sirIHave you tried to change to another browser? If you have and still have these issues, we can then investigate further, tnt. If not, please try FF or Google Chrome.
- Jan 30, '12 by Joe Vplease provide your operating system and browser / version of your laptop and desktop
- I am reluctant to try another browser simply for one website, but I will try Firefox just to see if AN will work on it. Guess I'll have to try it on my desktop, my laptop, and my iPad because there are varying issues on all three. Google is out of our life, because of all the tracking they are now doing. So that one is out.
My desktop is Internet Explorer 7 and we recently started using Yahoo.
My laptop is Windows XP and it's also got Yahoo
My iPad is version 4.0 it uses Safari
There are issues on each one regarding quoting and and then posting, also going to the last post from the What's New pages, both from the yellow side and blue side, but not always the same on both sides when on one computer.
It's like I need a cheat sheet to know what I have to do depending on which computer I am using.