UAA BSN/ADN vs Charter College?
- 0Jul 11, '10 by Kaligirl02Hi everyone!!
I just moved here from California and was looking into UAA for the nursing program. I was wondering if you guys/girls could help me out bit.
1) Is there a waitlist for the ADN?
2) I heard it is easier to get into the BSN program. Is this correct?
3) I heard that a Vocational school named Charter College will be starting an ADN program in December. Have you heard anything about this? Is it an o.k. school?
4) Is UAA the ONLY nursing program avail?
Thanks alot everyone!! Hope to here from you soon!!
- 0Jan 31, '11 by brbowen9Hey Ashlie.
I called Charter College about their ADN program today.. It is still not up and running yet. They said they hope to have it together by the 4th quarter of this year, but that it's not ready yet. They didn't even have much information about it either. From my research, Charter College is a private school. I'm from Virginia and I think it's the equivalent to ECPI or Miller Monte Technical School here. The tuition would probably be higher than for a public university, but I guess we'll see when they get the program up and running. The representative that I spoke with said that as of now, they only have a medical assisting program. Good luck and I hope your journey of finding nursing school is a little easier than mine But P.S. check out Alaska Vocational Technical Center... they have a 10 month LPN program of 10 students in which 8 get automatically accepted to start UAA's associate's program and only have to do the second year of that program. I think that's probably what I'll end up doing... They have a class starting in August 2011 and January 2012.
- 0Feb 16, '11 by Kaligirl02Hi! Yeah I found out that the charter program is going to be a BSN which normally be fine but my husband only has a three year order for here. I have been in contact with Career academy and their RN program should ge starting late summer early fall. I was looking into the AVTECH program and it says you have to have your CNA which doesn't bother me but I'm a full time medical assistant and can't find a can program to do. When are you planning on doing the AVTECH program?