Ranking Procedure for UAA AAS??Register Today!
- by jordan.leona Jan 25, '12Does anyone know the CURRENT ranking procedure for the aas rn program at the anchorage campus?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=666627©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,133 Views
- Feb 1, '12 by icycleprincessBased on GPA, pre reqs, experience and pax score!! I just applied too!! UAA!
- Mar 11, '12 by onebananaIt is a numerical system based on having completed your prerequisite classes, the score on the entrance test, and extras such as background as a CNA/LPN. When I applied I was told that the cutoff was a score of 24; it varies each semester with the applicant pool.
- May 1, '12 by jordan.leonaI'm so anxious, they are supposed to mail out the letters this week to see if we got in! It would probably be a miracle if i did though cause they said it usually cut off at 23 or 24 like you said and I had 22.58 points when I applied this last november. However, my PAX RN score and GPA are great, i just didn't have all my prereqs done. At the end of this semester, and by the time I apply again next november if I don't get in this time, my points will be 26.52. I'm just dying to know if by some miracle i just barely got into the spring semester with a 22.58 though
- May 4, '12 by jbhvbcI'm getting anxious too. If they count my prerequisite class from this semester I have around a 24 with micro to take in the fall.
- Jan 28 by jordan.leonaReranking this February! Will find out around May again probably, but this time my points for ranking are 27.5! I feel pretty confident in that number, can't wait!
- Mar 8 by jballa34I'm currently one semester away from completing my LVN/LPN program here in California. I would like to move back up to Alaska as soon as possible and hopefully take the UAA offered LPN to AAS RN program. My current school offers a similar program, but like I said, I would rather be in Alaska.
So my question is, how does the distance learning portion of the program operate? Do they have a specific number of students that they allow in regardless of the site, or do they allocate a certain number for their distance learning sites? Are a certain amount of hours required at the UAA campus or is it possible to complete the entire program stationed out of Ketchikan for example.
Thanks for any insight possible!