South Alabama Accelerated BSN Spring 2010 StudentsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on South Alabama Accelerated BSN Spring 2010 Students in Alabama State Nursing Programs, part of Alabama Nursing ... I have been accepted to the accelerated BSN program at South Alabama for the spring 2010 semester,...by JBal Nov 15, '09I have been accepted to the accelerated BSN program at South Alabama for the spring 2010 semester, and I was just wondering if anyone else has been accepted. We could all unofficially "meet" before the semester begins and we could ask each other questions concerning the program, etc.
BTW, I'm Jerry from Mobile, AL, and I'm looking forward to next semester!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=439163©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,362 Views
- Nov 16, '09 by m1987brownI just got in too
- Nov 16, '09 by m1987brownBTW..My name is Melissa, My husband and I just moved here..he is an assistant basketball coach at the university of south alabama
- Dec 1, '09 by imwilsonHi. I have been accepted for the Spring 2010 term. I'm from New Orleans. Does anyone know of good housing options out there?
- Dec 5, '09 by JBalI would say living in north Daphne or Spanish Fort would be the best option, since most of our clinicals will be in Mobile, but we'll be going to class in Fairhope. My wife and I found a town house in Daphne for $700 a month, which is really good compared to much smaller apartments. You may come out cheaper renting a house, as opposed to renting an apartment if you want more than one room. http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...L/type-rentals is a good website for rentals in Daphe and http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...s?sby=1&pgsz=3 for Spanish Fort. Just type in the city and be sure to click on rentals, and there will be a pretty big list of rental houses, townhouses, and condos. Also http://www.southalabama-coastalaream...sp?rental=true is a good website to find rentals as well. Good luck!
- Dec 5, '09 by JBalAlso, here is a 1 bedroom apartment at Bay Vista, which I've heard is really nice, for $499 a month. It's in a perfect location for the program too. http://mobile.craigslist.org/apa/1493640999.html
- Dec 11, '09 by matthewbullionI was just accepted today (waitlisted) - from Orlando, will be moving up the beginning of January. Anyone other people potentially interested in sharing and apartment/house/etc to reduce costs???????
Name is MatthewLast edit by tnbutterfly on Dec 12, '09 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES
- Feb 6, '10 by anapier88hey, do y'all mind sharing your pre-req gpas? i'm planning on applying to the program next year and i'm just wondering if my grades are competitive.
also, did they look at any volunteer/work experience for your admission, or just your gpa?
thanks so much!
- Feb 10, '10 by JBalMy prereq GPA was a 3.7, but I know a few people who got in with a lower GPA. Unfortunately, GPA is everything. The program is great though. Very strenuous, but managable. Good luck with applying and feel free to ask any questions.
- Feb 15, '10 by lana2010Hey Jerry,
I'm applying to the program starting this July and I wanted to know what is the clinical portion of the program like, do you guys have clinicals everyday? I would appreciate any advice that you wish you would have known before entering the program. Thanks in advance Jerry!! Good luck with the program-2 mos down, 10 more to go!!!!