Lawson State Hopefalls-LPN or RN - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 12, '10 by 2bnurseskip*your*
- Aug 13, '10 by brighterfuture@2bnurseskip.....Do u need proof of low income or no income?...I already have Family Planning through that clinic....I'll call today to see I'll have to make an appointment.
- Aug 16, '10 by 2bnurseskipNo was told that if you go the Ensley Health Dept you don't have to show proof of income. I know someone that paid only $2 per shot.
- Aug 18, '10 by 2Nurture1Hi Brighterfuture, Congratulations on your acceptance along with everyone else that was accepted.....I'm currently going into my 4th semester on the Bessemer Campus. God willing, I should be in the graduating class of 2011!
I'm telling you this because I didn't have anyone to tell me, but as a new Nursing Student you want to make certain that you fully understand Anatomy and Physiology of the body! Once you have A&P down, everything else will make sense after studying the disease processes, and pathophysiology. That is KEY! Please believe me.......there have been times while taking a test and only because I had an understanding of the disease process was I able to answer correctly. You'll understand what I mean eventually; but that's the most important factor going for you now, is brushing up on all 7 body systems and how they work. You will more than likely have Mrs. P for Fundamentals and Pharm, she can be rough around the edges sometimes, then she has her good moments, but she's fair and very practical. Then there's Mrs. M for Health Assessment, she's ok too, doesn't like to be questioned after test reviews, also quite hard to understand during lecture because she speaks with a strong accent. I'm sure you'll be just fine, just hang in there, Many Blessings Brighter Future!
- May 9, '12 by RozepetalIt is with sadness that I read how potential nursing students degrade the Lawson State
Nursing Program and how students who are in the nursing programme (who are not understanding anything) are doing the same. No matter what school you attend it is not the school, or insttructors or programme that make you succeed but YOU AND HOW YOU APPLY YOURSELF. A GOOD WORD OF ADVICE TO ALL THE POTENTIAL STUDENTS.
DO NOT GO IN WITH A NEGATIVE ATTITUDE BECAUSE THEN YOU ARE ALREADY A FAILURE. EVERYONE WANTS TO DO NURSING BECAUSE OF THE MONEY BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PASSION.
LAWSON STATE HAS EXCELLENT INSTRUCTORS AND I AM SO SICK OF READING ABOUT "THE BLACK INSTRUCTORS" WHO HAVE ATTITUDES, THERE AGAIN IT IS HOW YOU APPLY, ADAPT, AND YOUR MOTIVATION. THE INSTRUCTORS KNOW WHAT THEY DOING AND I WOULD NOT GO TO ANY OTHER COLLEGE BUT LAWSON (MY PREFERENCE).
So all the potential nurses that are always degrading the schools, intructors in nursing, your attitude alone proves that nursing is not for you. Go find other careers because it is THE TYPE OF STUDENT THAT YOU ARE...THE NEGATIVE, HATER, THAT REDCUCES THE COLLEGES PERCENTAGE OF SUCCESS.
LAWSON STSTE HASS PRODUCED SOME OF ALABAMAS BEST NURSES. GO INTO THE PROGRAMME WITH A POSITIVR ATTITUDE AND I PROMISE YOU WILL MAKE IT. YOUR SUCCESS STARTS AND END WITH YOU.
I AM A CURRENT LAWSON STUDENT AND WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU HAVE.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND REMEMBER TO BE POSITIVE....ALWAYS.
- Jul 30, '12 by rellandkaysmomHello Rozepetal, I would like to ask you a few questions about the program and get more advice from you. If you have some free time, will you email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org please. Thanks.
- Aug 1, '12 by kandikisses81The NCLEX scores alone speak voulmes for this school. I also went to Lawson and dropped when I received acceptance from my first choice school. Good luck to you all and to each its own. I personally do not recommend Lawson state Birmingham Campus.