Jeff State Spring 2013 Hopefuls - Page 7Register Today!
- Oct 28, '12 by GaterHaterQuote from AffsanaSame here. Email me at email@example.com@ Slturner it still won't let my PM you. It says I must have 15 quality posts. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and I'd love that cheat sheet on the cranial nerves. Thank you What kind of stethoscope should I get? There are too many to choose from. Whats skills do you think are the hardest to master in assessment ?
- Oct 29, '12 by slturnerSorry I haven't emailed anyone yet. I've been having Internet issues (am posting this from my phone). Anyway, my email is email@example.com & I'll try to email you guys this evening
- Oct 29, '12 by slturnerOh, for stethoscope you want to get one that has a double bell. That just means that there are two sides listen from. I wouldnt get one that's crazy expensive. And I'm pretty sure they'll have some at orientation to show.
- Oct 30, '12 by BSwasBSQuote from slturnerYes, I am at the Shelby campus again. I accepted your request, so we should be able to send PMs now :-)
Don't be too scared No doubt everyone will be completely overwhelmed after orientation and the first full week of class. But it's mainly a bunch of "housekeeping" stuff like making sure everyone has their drug screen complete, background check, physcials, CPR and all that stuff turned in & going over the syllabus, and what they expect from us. It's a lot of hard work and determination. And you'll see after the first couple of weeks that there will be people with negative attitudes. Stay away from that kind of stuff b/c it will drag you down! Trash talk got so bad with the class that I was in that on test days I would put ear plugs in my ears before I even walked in from the parking lot. Try to stay positive & either get in a good study group, or make one. PM me and we can def. talk some more.
Hey I just looked over the info email and I didn't see anything about the drug screen (or info on how/where to complete it) perhaps we'll get this info in orientation??????
- Oct 30, '12 by slturnerQuote from BSwasBSIt's random & within the first week or two of class. A company comes to the school and everyone does it there.Hey I just looked over the info email and I didn't see anything about the drug screen (or info on how/where to complete it) perhaps we'll get this info in orientation??????
- Oct 30, '12 by BSwasBSOhhhhh ok!! Cool. How much does it cost (although it sounds like it shouldn't) ??????
- Oct 30, '12 by slturnerQuote from BSwasBSIt was $43 last January. Not sure if it's still the same though. And we will have to do it every semester.Ohhhhh ok!! Cool. How much does it cost (although it sounds like it shouldn't) ??????
- Oct 31, '12 by BilliePHow long is orientation?Will they fit us for uniforms then? Do we need to have money on that day?
- Nov 2, '12 by slturnerQuote from BilliePI can't remember exactly how long orientation last, a fews hours. There will be paper work to fill out, then both of the first semester teachers will talk, and the librarian will talk. It seems like last time they did have some sample uniforms that you could try on for sizing purposes. They will give you a website with our school code to order the uniforms. Um, the only thing that I could think that you will need money for is the ID badge and liability insurance - and it doesn't have to be taken care of that day it's just easier to go ahead and get it marked off your list of things to do. Just has to be done before class starts (it's only $20) and you pay for it at the cashiers desk.How long is orientation?Will they fit us for uniforms then? Do we need to have money on that day?
- Nov 2, '12 by BilliePSo they take our photo for our ID badge at orientation? Do you remember what the paperwork is for?