Jeff State Spring 2013 Hopefuls - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 9, '12 by BSwasBSHey!!
Its at the very top of the application. You can write in the order of your campus choices. So for example, I wrote in 1-Jefferson, 2-Pell City and 3-Shelby. Sounds like you did the right thing to call one of the advisors and find out how to correct the situation. Have you also tried calling (MODERATOR EDIT OF NAME - PLEASE DO NOT POST NAMES OF INDIVIDUALS IN YOUR PROGRAM PER TOS) at the Jefferson campus? She's very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the program and she understands how we all want to make sure our applications are right. My fingers are crossed with you!
Good LuckLast edit by sirI on Oct 10, '12
- Oct 10, '12 by spokenthoughtzCongrats everyone!! I wish you all the best. I have along time before I get to where you all are. I have to take my prerequisites first. Hoping to start at the Shelby campus in Jan '13. I will be looking for yall help in the future. Let us all know if you guys were chosen.
- Oct 14, '12 by prenursingSSCC10Please post when yall get calls or email! I don't think I have a chance this time. I am finishing up my math and micro now and will have a better chance for the summer but still keeping my hopes high!
- Oct 14, '12 by BSwasBSThat's the RIGHT attitude!!!!! Good Luck!!
- Oct 17, '12 by DannieGirlDoes anybody know what the points cutoff usually is? I've applied with 160 points and I'm hoping I make it in for Spring. When do you think they'll start letting us know?
- Oct 17, '12 by prenursingSSCC10I talked to advisor if I am not mistaken it was around 170 I applied with 160 too. But I applied at other schools that had different point systems. && If I don't get in any of them, I am going to apply to Jeff State for the Summer, I will then have 181 since I have an A in math!!!! BUT KEEP YOUR HOPES HIGH! EVERY YEAR IS DIFFERENT!
- Oct 17, '12 by BSwasBSDanniegirl, I agree with prenursingSSCC10!! I pretty much have heard the same thing. The advisor said (around) 180 was the points cutoff during the orientation session that I went to. I also went back and read over some posts from the JSCC Fall '12 class and the Spring '12 classes on this site and the results that different students reported seemed to vary by campus and whether or not they were applying for the day program/night&weekend program. Some classes did really good jobs of keeping each other posted and they provided ALOT of information that you typically might not get until you actually get in. For example, I used some information to help me figure out which CPR class to take. Its only $20 at Hoover FD so I don't feel bad if I don't get in this time (ALTHOUGH I'm staying REALLY positive). Anywhoo....I'll just keep twiddling my thumbs and waiting on an email or call (or both). Keep in touch.
- Oct 17, '12 by BSwasBSOh they said we should start hearing something back around the first of November. But not so sure about that.
- Oct 17, '12 by prenursingSSCC10I was told 4-6 weeks time goes by so slow! Anyone taking micro right now?
- Oct 18, '12 by eacummings89Longest 4 weeks of my life!