help!!!?!?! Nursing Spring 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on help!!!?!?! Nursing Spring 2012 in Alabama State Nursing Programs, part of Alabama Nursing ... ugh i just need guidance or to hear other peoples stories of acceptance. like recomendation...by jharper205 Jun 23, '11ugh i just need guidance or to hear other peoples stories of acceptance. like recomendation letters, grades, how the points system works, volunteering, what gives you an edge etc.... I am just so in a whirl i am currently attending uab.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=582686©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,421 Views
- Jun 25, '11 by 5LR14Hi. Which program are you applying to?
- Jun 28, '11 by jharper205jeff state, jackson state, calhoun, and wallace, and maybee aum
- Jun 28, '11 by jharper205th rn program
- Jun 29, '11 by 5LR14I'm currently in my 4th semester at Calhoun. When I applied the Teas test wasn't a quirement. Now there are a possibility of 200 points. The Teas test, your A&P1, A&P2, and micro are counted in the points. You get 30 points each for an A in these classes. A B is worth 20 points each, and 10 points each for a C. There is also 11 other points you can make. 3 for already being a Calhoun student. 8 for having all the general Ed course work completed.
The point cut off varies for every application process. The deadline for fall 2011 has already passed. The deadline for starting in the spring is Oct 15th.
This is Calhoun's perspective nursing students page. It has a lot of info that will be helpful for you. http://www.calhoun.edu/Health/prospective.htm
Hope this helps!
- Jul 1, '11 by jharper205ok thank you so much i am just so stressed about applying this is my first time. i am at uab but i need to weigh my options. my dad told me that if i dont get in the first time its ok most people dont. i just should not give up. i am starting to thinklike that but i will be fine if i just graduate.
- Jul 1, '11 by busymom35I will be stating my first semester of nursing school in the fall.As of right now the points required at Jeff State is 250 and I think the same at Wallace. The scoring is the same as 5LR14 posted. For a&p 1 and 2 is A= 30 pts B= 20 pts and C = 10 pts and for Math 100 A=11 pts and B= 5 pts. The points that you get for the teas test depends on what you make on the teas. ( for example a 71% on Teas = 107.5 points . They add all of these together to get the total # of points that you apply with. I was accepted at both Jeff state and Wallace. But I am going to go to Jeff State I think the cut off for this Fall was around 185 points for the Rn program. Just study really hard and you will do great!
- Jul 1, '11 by Scales3I applied to every community college mentioned for 5 years and denied every time,so I decided to apply to a 4 year college and accepted on my first attempt. Its very hard to be accepted at a commmunity college because there is a lot competition. Keeping applying to all but dont give up on UAB. Also try UAHuntsville I recently graduated from there and I enjoyed it.
- Jul 2, '11 by 5LR14You're welcome, good luck!