Calhoun Community College full time RN Spring 2013Register Today!
- by ndpc82 Aug 29, '12Is anyone applying for Spring? I have never attended Calhoun before and don't know much about the program. Does anyone know what the cutoff is? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=779063©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,095 Views
- Aug 31, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to the Alabama State Nursing Programs forum for more of a response.
- Aug 31, '12 by Crazed_NShttp://calhoun.edu/programs_of_study...g_program.aspx
That is a link to the nursing page. The cutoff date to apply is September 14th. Only 2 weeks from now. You need to apply, get transcripts sent ( if schools allow it can be faster to carry an unopened official copy to Calhoun), and have teas score sent. There might be some other stuff so really you should read all the info on the nursing page. Have you started any of this yet? If not you might not get it done in time!
Ive just started my first semester there!
- Sep 5, '12 by ndpc82Ashley716......
Yes, I have already applied, had all transcripts sent, taking TEAS again today, and will send off my application tomorrow. I was curious about the point cuttoff? What were some examples of total points, etc. Congrats on your first semester! How did you like it?
- Sep 6, '12 by Crazed_NSOh that's good! Well I'll tell you what they told me... It all depends How many people apply, and what their scores are. The 100ish (idk exact amount they accept for each program) people with the highest scores get in. Usually the spring semester is less competitive than the fall. Good luck!
Well just finished week 3. Made a 90 on our first test we had today, so it's good! Lol. The instructors are nice and helpful. They are all about wanting you to succeed, not scaring you out of the program. Which btw... At orientation and the first few days, all the information that gets thrown at you scares you enough, so they don't have to... Haha.
- Sep 17, '12 by Perrydot7105Hey!
Ok so I previously applied to the Fall, I have never attended Calhoun before so I decided to try it, no knowing that some of my classes didnt transfer. So now I am applying to the Spring Program. I can tell you when I talked to the lady at the desk some cut off numbers. Fall 2011 was 133, Spring 2012 was 100, Fall 2012 was 126! So it varies every year. I do know of alot more people applying this spring which makes me nervous. Your best bet is the TEAS. Average TEAS score they said is about 70 %. So as long as you have made A's & B's and have around 60-or higher on your TEAS you should be competitive. I hope you get in, I am saying a prayer.. I hope we ALL get in!
- Sep 25, '12 by brandycpattonI've also applied for the Spring 2013 program. Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to hear from Calhoun regarding acceptance? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
- Oct 8, '12 by Griffin123My brother and I both applied. It's my understanding it's about 4 weeks to get word from Calhoun.
- Oct 10, '12 by Griffin123Got our letter today! We got in!!
- Oct 11, '12 by brandycpattonDo you have any idea what the cut off # is for Spring 2013? I got a letter yesterday that said I was not accepted because of a 1.7 GPA...My GPA is a 3.7. So I immediately called the admissions office and sure enough, they had entered my GPA incorrectly! So, everything had to be resubmitted to the Nursing Department but they WILL NOT tell me over the phone if I've been accepted or not and the waiting is agony! I will be so upset if I missed a seat in the Spring 13 class due to a clerical error!