Bevill State Nursing Program... food for thought - Page 5Register Today!
- May 1, '11 by Shandra2008I honestly think you should go ahead and go to Jeff state! It starts sooner so I'm sure you will finish sooner and I'm sure they have a great nursing program as well! What campus did you apply for @ bevill?
- May 1, '11 by cpl_dvldogYes go to Jeff St. If you start this summer you will graduate in Dec. of 2012. If you start Bevill this fall you will not graduate until May 2013, 5 months later.
- May 1, '11 by futurernjap@shandra2008- sumilton was my first choice- Jasper was my second followed by Fayetteville then Hamilton.
@col_dvldog I think that's what I'm going to do is just a bit nervous about jeff state. Ive just heard that they are extremely hard, and having taken per reqs there I can definitely vouch that jeff state is no joke! But im going to give it my all and work really hard this summer and hopefully it pays off! Just hope I'm able to find a job after with this economy. Hopefully it gets better!
- May 5, '11 by redstepchildbevill state is on "deficient status" with the alabama state board of nursing..
that's the board that determines what is an acceptable program of nursing for you to take if you expect to become an rn in alabama.
the test scores for this school have dropped year over year so the deficient status is clearly inevitable.
you should check with the state board of nursing before selecting a school to go to. if a program is consistently "deficient", it get's dropped and you will have paid all of that tuition and not be an rn.. plus the stigma of graduating from a program that was deemed deficient.. not good.
- Hey guys! I will be taking my TEAS V on monday the 16th at the Hamilton campus! Im extremely nervous because these kind of test creep me out! I've been studying a little but I've only had 2 weeks to study because I just got the book!!! Do you guys have any tips to share???
- May 12, '11 by cpl_dvldogQuote from Shandra2008Relax. Several people have told me the test is no problem. If you stress over tests you will be your own worst enemy. Especially in nursing school. Those tests are no joke. Most multiple choice tests you have taken have 3 wrong answer and one correct, in nursing they have 3-4 right answers and one that is most correct.Hey guys! I will be taking my TEAS V on monday the 16th at the Hamilton campus! Im extremely nervous because these kind of test creep me out! I've been studying a little but I've only had 2 weeks to study because I just got the book!!! Do you guys have any tips to share???
- May 12, '11 by futurernjapHonestly he's right! The teas isn't anything but another act/sat
- May 12, '11 by redstepchildget a good nights sleep. Serious.
I took the test the 1st time off the fly, no studying.. I got a 95. Took it again 6 months later trying to improve my score and I stayed up all night stressing and studying for weeks. I got a 70.
I would also make sure you check the Teas website as soon as your results are ready online because you can get a read out of the questions you missed and the exact parts of the book you need to study.
the math questions.. they had the same kinds on both of the times I took the test.
If joe can pump a pool in 8 hours and bob can do it in 5, how long would it take them to pump the pool if they did it together.. that kind of crazy work problem.. there is a formula to getting the answer so REMEMBER it.. Theres the flight and wind questions (an airplane traveling etc). its the old Train starts out going this way n the other train starts out going from this way.. how long till they meet type questions.
Science.. know your blood path, air path, digestion path, functions of certain hormones.
They throw some pre-chem questions in there about things like ionic bond and covalent bond,
Reading.. I READ the QUESTION FIRST.. THEN I read the subject area. I had 100 on that are both times.
I can't remember every thing that was on the test but I remember specifically studying those parts intentionally and both times those types of questions were on there.
Finally, just plan on taking it again. The less you pressure yourself and JUST TRUST your JUDGEMENT.. the better off you will be.
I've messed myself out of an A before by changing all my answers because I doubted myself.. and I came back and found out I was right the 1st time.
- Thanks cpl_.... I hope I do good! I'm just gonna keep studying! Yes I've heard from a lot of people that the nursing test are extremely difficult but once you grasp it.... it OK... but still hard because of all of the information you have to consume at one time....
- Thanks sooooo much redstepchild! That was really helpful!